Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Toy Gorilla

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Hot Toy Gorilla

Mine finally came. I dissected him. If anybody's interested in seeing photos of this dissection, I can repost here, or you can visit this thread:

Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!! - Page 339 - Sideshow Freaks
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I love science class.

gotta go to page 1100 something to see the dissection pics. 339 is the beginning of the year.

I like those Hot Toys apes. What is it you are trying to change? Other than the teeth on top thing.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

His hair is too poufy. I also want to change his hairline. Just some minor changes to tweak him to the way I want.

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

looks to me that you would take the face off again, separate the hair along the seams and pull it back.
        Shave the top of the head down to where you like it.
        Pull the hair back up tight and trim off the excess.
        A little bit of a noggin' tuck as it were.
        You may have to trim a bit on the side seams as well so it doesn't get baggy.

Take good photos of that operation, and I agree with the fellow who suggested a cast of the face while it was off. If you get the general shape down, you can get some of the mighty sculptors to alter up the jawline for you or even make an entirely new expression.

have a good time
        rche

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Personally, I think dissecting animals is wrong.....
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by jessica
            If anybody's interested in seeing photos of this dissection, I can repost here, or you can visit this thread:

Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!! - Page 339 - Sideshow Freaks

Could you repost them here on the MM? I went to the link you provided, but they weren't on that page and I wasn't sure just how close to the end your pictures are...

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I', interested in maybe getting the Urko/Ursus figure but I didn't see a good pic of him upclose (too dark in that photo). Do you have a detailed shot of his face we could see?

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

OMG!! This guy is so FUN!! I can't wait to go home and play with him. Obviously, it's hard for me to be at work.

Here is my Heat Miser.

I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun. I'm Mr. Heat Miser. I'm Mr. 101.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Here is Jessica's latest victim, pondering his fate:

Here is a seam on top of his head. He has two seams...if you can imagine, it kinda looks like a toupee:

Here is his hair combed up so you can see the seam of the "toupee." The gold toned nailclipper is my instrument of torture.

Here's a closeup of his face after I popped it off. He's got that goofy grin that totally needs a makeover, but whatever. I'm so glad he's here. The facial lines of his sculpt is just so beautifully rendered. It would have looked better if they had sculpted the teeth to jut out from the bottom jaw as opposed to it coming down from the upper jaw.

This is what it looks like behind his face:

This is what lies behind the face:

The only way to figure out how to fix the hair is to see what is under there. I think to fix the hair you would have to peel everything off, and reshape the head to account for the poof of the hair...and then restick with toupee tape (because that's what the sticky stuff feels like that's gluing down the hair onto the plastic.) So...there you go. I hope you enjoyed the show.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                    I', interested in maybe getting the Urko/Ursus figure but I didn't see a good pic of him upclose (too dark in that photo). Do you have a detailed shot of his face we could see?
                    Ursus has not been delivered yet. Here are photos that have been posted elsewhere, which gives you a detail of his facial features:

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Here is an official photo of the Hot Toys gorilla when it was first announced, and my crappy photo (because I was rushing) to compare the features. The way Hot Toys ended up doing the hair via fake fur does not require hair plugs.
                      [/QUOTE]

More crap photos taken with my cellphone:

Last edited by jessica; Jul 29, '09, 12:41 PM.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎