• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seeker
    Neptunians RULE!
    • Feb 20, 2008

I guess spam is an aquired taste.
    Lo there do I see my Father.
    Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
    Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
    Lo they do call me.
    They bid me take my place among them.
    In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• loosiegoosie
      Banned
      • Jul 3, 2009

I use to have the Bowen Batman sculpture from the 1990's ( the large one) and sold it to a comic book shop for some comics back then. That was a great sculpture.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Yeah, but Hector likes it. So that makes it ok.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

At least the guy keeps it all in one thread.

Had he kept on posting multiple Bowen threads...then yes...spam for sure.
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

continually bumping it back to the top all by himself is kinda spammy too.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• RANDY BOWEN
              • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
              1) I know for a FACT Randy has done this to a couple garage kit producers. The very SAME people he would've called brothers a few years ago. The very SAME people he's purchased sculpts from and produced as some of his pre-paints.

Here's alittle 411 on me: I've been very active in the resin garage kit hobby as a collector/dealer for over 20 years. I knew of Randy before he was Bowen Designs. I own one of his early sculpts of Glenn Strange/Frankenstein. I know ALOT of the resin guys and I know ALOT of what goes on behind the scenes.

As for Bowen Designs being the best statue company... Meh, that's easy to say when your basicly the only game in town. But I know a few insider details that may change that in the near future.

Bob
              Hi Randy Bowen here:

I don't know what your beef is with me, or whether you're simply buying into some rumor that someone is spreading. I suspect though, that you have a friend that was sent a cease and desist order by Marvel? Or maybe from a friend of a friend of a friend? Or maybe it's just something you heard?

Here's the fact: I don't send out C&D orders (unless they are regarding a character which I own) Which I've not had to do.

I do know that (1) person was recently sent a C&D by Marvel, not me. Part of the problem was that this guy was openly marketing these, and has been turning a tidy profit. It also came to light that this guy was selling-out his "small editions", and was then back-door-ing them to markets overseas (France, Thailand,The Philippines etc.).

Since you know "for a fact" that I sent out C&D orders to kit producers, why don't you publicly embarrass me by publishing the paperwork? C&D orders are done in writing, so it should not be a problem for you to produce these documents? Also- Why don't you disclose the names of all these groups that I've sent C&D's to?

OK- now let's address the fact that I used to sculpt garage kits. You are correct. I used to sculpt garage kits as a hired sculptor for different companies. This was before I even knew what licensing was.

You claim to know "a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes". One of the things that I recall vividly about the garage kit scene was the rampant rumor mill, and the overt back-biting that went on. There's a lot of BS that is the status quo for the hobby.

Regarding BD being the only game in town:
              #1 I don't claim to be the best.

There are other companies like: Sideshow, Kotobukiya, Master Replicas, and several other Marvel licensee's that have gone out of business or dropped the license due to lack of sales. I've seen 'em come, and I seen 'em go...

So no, we're not the only game in town, but I would love to know more about your "insider details". I'm sure they're about as accurate as the other "information" you've got.

In closing:
              I realize that- It's ridiculous for me to even be responding to these "charges" from an anonymous guy posting on a Mego forum. Even if I were sending out C&D's I would be within my rights. I'm not the one breaking the law.

Mego Rules!

-R

Comment

• MegoGeek
                From The Black Lagoon
                • Jun 27, 2001

Randy,

Thank you for taking time to post this to clarify things.

But more importantly please don't assume that the small handful of people complaining about this thread represent the entire Mego Community because they DO NOT. While they try and pretend they are speaking for everyone, rest assured they aren't.

And since this is a statue thread how about a 3-D Man or Woodgod statue.... O.K maybe Woodgod is pushing it, but still.

P.S. you are correct, Megos do rule.
                ______
                ChArLiE

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Randy,

Thanks for dropping by and posting.

As a person whose paid licensing fees himself, I get where you're coming from.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• loosiegoosie
                    Banned
                    • Jul 3, 2009

I'm new to the museum but have lurked for some time and I know that many of the guys on these boards respect all types of collections, artists and mediums. I glad to see Randy come and air his points and stop the childish posting about topics many of us know nothing about. Bravo Randy , keep with the great work.

Comment

• txteach
                      Banned
                      • Jun 17, 2005

Randy, welcome aboard! Sorry but I'm not into statues even though you have some really cool ones. If you start doing some sci-fi ones I'd love to see them. I hope you join in on the fun here.

Comment

• Seeker
                        Neptunians RULE!
                        • Feb 20, 2008

Yep look forward to seeing all you new folks around the forum....
                        Lo there do I see my Father.
                        Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                        Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                        Lo they do call me.
                        They bid me take my place among them.
                        In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Welcome Randy!

I'm glad you stopped by to straighten out the "Rumor Mill"...and finally put it to rest! I love BD...but can only afford to collect some of your Mini-Statues. I have your Colossus...and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• RANDY BOWEN
                            • Jun 27, 2009

Thanks folks- I appreciate the welcome.

Comment

• clemso
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 8, 2001

Wow Randy Bowen in the Mego Museum. I would love to hear your views on Mego related subjects as well as sculpts. Welcome aboard!

Clem

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by MegoGeek
                                Randy,

Thank you for taking time to post this to clarify things.

But more importantly please don't assume that the small handful of people complaining about this thread represent the entire Mego Community because they DO NOT. While they try and pretend they are speaking for everyone, rest assured they aren't.

And since this is a statue thread how about a 3-D Man or Woodgod statue.... O.K maybe Woodgod is pushing it, but still.

P.S. you are correct, Megos do rule.
                                Woodgod & 3-D Man?!?!?!? You, sir, are a kindered spirit!!!!

Al

http://www.statuemarvels.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎