Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoGeek
    From The Black Lagoon
    • Jun 27, 2001

I'm actually a huge Bowen fan AND a huge Mego fan.

My Bowen focus is limited to 70's characters and a few cosmic ones. I have a Nova and a Deathlok but have limited space since my Mego collection is so big.

______
    ChArLiE

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I actually like his statues. Some I'd like to own. I just don't have the room for them.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
        So, what you're saying is we're arrogant jerks because we don't like statues? Does that mean you call "your" people arrogant jerks too because they don't like Megos? Boy, you must be as popular over there as you are here...
        You know I'm not saying that. Please READ what I wrote again.

http://www.statuemarvels.com

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          The only reason anyone posts on this thread is because YOU keep bumping it up and its getting annoying. At one point it had fallen off to page two yet YOU still felt the need to bring it back.
          If it fell off that far, its because no one was interested. Your constant posting of statues and nothing but really gives the impression that YOU are here for self promotion and to self stroke your own ego.
          I didn't realize that it was getting "bumped up". I was asked to keep the statue posts in this thread. I thought I was doing the right thing?

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by The Toyroom
            You really don't get it? WE are not interested in the Bowen stuff and "YOUR" people at your message board aren't interested in Megos. Everybody does not have to be onboard to like the same things. Get over it and stop using this site as a self-promotion tool to get hits on your website.

Jerkstore.....
            Ummm...I've actually lurked at this site for YEARS because I love MEGOs. Sorry that I'm just trying to share something with folks that collect super hero stuff.

WOW! "Jerkstore"...just WOW.

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
              Well Mr. New Member I'm NOT spreading libelous mistruths and you know it. I know for a FACT Randy has done this to a couple garage kit producers. The very SAME people he would've called brothers a few years ago. The very SAME people he's purchased sculpts from and produced as some of his pre-paints.

Here's alittle 411 on me: I've been very active in the resin garage kit hobby as a collector/dealer for over 20 years. I knew of Randy before he was Bowen Designs. I own one of his early sculpts of Glenn Strange/Frankenstein. I know ALOT of the resin guys and I know ALOT of what goes on behind the scenes.

But this all stated because of your boy Al. Everyone that's on ANY forum KNOWS just how F/N RUDE it is when a new member starts pimpin' his product within the first few posts. And if you read any of the posts other than Al's, you would get a very CLEAR idea that we don't care for your stuff here. As for Bowen Designs being the best statue company... Meh, that's easy to say when your basicly the only game in town. But I know a few insider details that may change that in the near future.

Oh and Al here's alittle 411 for you: Since you know so much about Bowen Designs, every statue that they sell IS a "pre-paint". That term means they were pre painted at the factory.

Bob

So...you still contend that Randy Bowen sent out Cease & Desist orders to folks making kits, not Marvel?

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by MegoGeek
                I'm actually a huge Bowen fan AND a huge Mego fan.

My Bowen focus is limited to 70's characters and a few cosmic ones. I have a Nova and a Deathlok but have limited space since my Mego collection is so big.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/p...eek/bowen3.jpg

I'm a big Bronze Age fan myself! GREAT stuff!

Comment

• ashley76
                  • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by HoldyourfireAl
                  So...you still contend that Randy Bowen sent out Cease & Desist orders to folks making kits, not Marvel?

I don't think he is saying that at all Al... He is saying that Randy or someone very, very, very, very close to him pointed out the "kit makers" to Marvel so that Marvel could hand out the C and Ds...

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                    Career Member
                    • May 14, 2007

^^ Ah. Someone else that knows the truth too.

Al how about this: tell Randy to go after some of the true cancers of this hobby. Recasters ike Dan Fuller and Rick Muncy. These guys are taking $$$ right out of his pocket. Put the Mighty Marvel imprint on their *****.

Bob

Please join us at STATUE M A R V E L S :WHO GIVES A CRAP - A Collectible Forum by Some Fan who likes to discuss comic based statues at other forums where the membership could care less about what he's peddling.
                    Latest Bowling Designs Statue Info! - Mego Talk
                    Last edited by ThatBatmanGuy; Jul 4, '09, 1:24 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

So Randy's like a rat informant?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by ashley76
                        I don't think he is saying that at all Al... He is saying that Randy or someone very, very, very, very close to him pointed out the "kit makers" to Marvel so that Marvel could hand out the C and Ds...
                        That's not what the guy said at all.

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
                          ^^ Ah. Someone else that knows the truth too.

Al how about this: tell Randy to go after some of the true cancers of this hobby. Recasters ike Dan Fuller and Rick Muncy. These guys are taking $$$ right out of his pocket. Put the Mighty Marvel imprint on their *****.

Bob

Please join us at STATUE M A R V E L S :WHO GIVES A CRAP - A Collectible Forum by Some Fan who likes to discuss comic based statues at other forums where the membership could care less about what he's peddling.
                          Latest Bowling Designs Statue Info! - Mego Talk
                          Honestly, Marvel issuing Cease & Desist Orders and/or Randy Bowen pointing folks out to Marvel isn't any of my business. I will say that if any of the above has happenned, it would most definitely be in the above parties interest to do so.

I don't think Marvel or Randy Bowen are very concerned about kit builders, who are making less than 20 kits available to their fans. I'm also sure that neither of these entities can say that either. I think what probably troubles them is the fact that other scum bags get ahold of these well intentioned kits & mass produce them. Now THAT absolutely affects their bottom line.

I do know that MANY kit builders are VERY concientious concerning who they sell their statues to, out of the same fear. In fact, I'm aware of a guy that produced a Spider Woman statue. This gentleman is one of the biggest opponents of the recasting industry & is VERY careful to whom he sells his product.

Unfortunately, for guys like him, they are taking a chance by producing an unlicensed Marvel kit. They know full well that they can be shut down at any time because they are violating a trademark & they are not paying a licensing fee, which someone like Randy Bowen is doing.

And, by law these folks at Marvel & Bowen Designs have every right to do this.

Let me ask you this...The guy who produced the Spider Woman statue has apparently procured the rights to Dave Cockrum's Futurians. Apparently, he is now paying a licensing fee. How do you think he would feel if another producer felt that was a great idea & started producing Futurians kits? I'm sure he'd be a little upset.

Again, all of this is none of my business. I'm here to talk about statues I love. This is not my battle. I'm sure neither Marvel or Randy Bowen want me speaking on their behalf.

I'm just a little saddenned that a few folks felt the need to grind an ax with Randy Bowen in a thread I started to share my joy of collecting Bowen Designs Marvel statues.

That being said, folks will do as they are going to do. I can't stop it. This is the internet. If folks are going to use my thread to discuss their perceived slights at the hands of a company I enjoy, they're going to do as they wish. I just won't perpetuate it any longer by continuing the conversation.

It's not my battle.

I'll just continue to post product updates in this thread & hope for the best.

Peace

Al

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I'm quite enjoying your Bowen pictures...I don't have nothing against that.

Like I said...I'm going to buy that Supes someday.
                            sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

.... This Whole Damn Thread Is Spam.

... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, but Hector likes it. So that makes it ok.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎