X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shazam7208
    Career Member
    • Oct 28, 2008

Factory Errors...What do you think?

I am curious to see what you guys think about factory error figures.

I know many, many years ago factory errors (wrong accessory's, wrong figure on card etc) were sought after and usually increased in value.

Do you guys collect these...do collectors these days even care about them?

I don't hear much talk about this type of thing anymore.

I found a DC Universe 3 pack that has Reverse Flash (Prof. Zoom) instead of the Flash which is what got me to thinking about this.

Let me know what you guys think about errors.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I personally love error figures,I have an ultimate Warrior in a DDP card,a Darth Maul in a Qui Gon card.
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I thought I was under the Impression that Reverse Flash & Flash Both were packaged in the 3 Packs,.. Kinda like the Bizarro / Superman Packaging.

I don't Really mind a Packaging Flaw,.. However when Companies decide to make a Figure with Both Left Legs, Flawed Paint or Limbs on Backwards,.. if I accidently purchase those,.. it kinda upsets me...
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

I have mixed feelings about this. I do know of a lot of collectors that actually look for this kind of stuff. Some will pay more than others. Others including myself could care less. I recently found a new Star Trek 3.5" Uhura figure packaged in a Sulu package. I don't usually make it a habbit to look for "errors" unless I happen to know about them or in this case it was pretty obvious to see.

In the past I have seen things like this sell. Some people will buy ANYTHING. The how much part really depends on the individual collector and how much they are willing to pay for said item. Not too mention of course the amount that has been considered to be "errors". Mattel was really bad for doing this with Hot Wheels. I do not know if it is just their poor quality control issues or that Mattel is just "fixing" the market in a sense. I have talked with many collectors about this same issue and they all have pretty much agreed with the above statements.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Boris71
          GeekBot' For Life
          • May 13, 2007

i found a new trek uhura with the name plate upside down, I think sometimes though that these and short packs are a con to get us to buy more of the figures
          Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I personally don't care about them. I'd rather get a toy that is correct over an error figure.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎