Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

The human body is 7 to 7.5 heads tall. This is a rough edit correcting his proportions:

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I dunno Man.. I think you also using his Beard & the line at the top of the hat is a bit to high. Are you using Mego as the base for your conclusion ? Mego 8" figures are 7to7.5 when measuring on a head scale,.. however thier heads were too big as well. When I went to school for art,.. they did teach us that when drawing the human body, the Male Body is 8to81/2 heads tall. If this is incorrect,.. I am not sure then why 2 different art directors shared this information.
      Last edited by BlackKnight; Aug 23, '07, 12:30 PM. Reason: misspelled word
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        I dunno Man.. I think you also using his Beard & the line at the top of the hat is a bit to high.
        The figure's head is tilted back. I compensated.
        Are you using Mego as the base for your conclusion ? Mego 8" figures are 7to7.5 when measuring on a head scale,.. however thier heads were too big as well. When I went to school for art,.. they did teach us that when drawing the human body, the Male Body is 8to81/2 heads tall. If this is incorrect,.. I am not sure then why 2 different art directors shared this information.
        Why accept the word of two art directors when it's something you can easily check for yourself?

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

huh...
          I guess it works...
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Outside of Alex Ross and live action films and TV series, when have Super Heroes ever been realistically proportioned?

The numbers don't lie, but I still like them.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• kresge1
              Museum_Bozo
              • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by MegoSteve
              I guess I'll be the jerk that pees on everyone's birthday cake.

His arms look so short that he probably has to use a rag on a stick to wipe himself. .
              Wow,doll technology is amazing.Since when did they come with functioning bowels and sphincters.
              I have to go get one now.
              Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

E2C is right about that hat, looks like a New Year's Eve party hat.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

According to "How to Draw Comics The Marvel Way", Stan Lee (accompanied by John Buscema artwork) describes "average Joes" as being six-and-a-half heads tall and Reed Richards as being eight-and-three-quarters tall. So I guess it's all based on interpretation when you're dealing with comic book characters.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

According to "How to Draw Comics The Marvel Way", Stan Lee (accompanied by John Buscema artwork) describes "average Joes" as being six-and-a-half heads tall and Reed Richards as being eight-and-three-quarters tall. So I guess it's all based on interpretation when you're dealing with comic book characters.
                    I did a quick head measurement on the actual figure pic, and Ollie looked to be around 9 heads high. That sounds about right according to Stan the Man.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• ABMAC
                      User
                      • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      I did a quick head measurement on the actual figure pic, and Ollie looked to be around 9 heads high. That sounds about right according to Stan the Man.
                      Green Arrow is a DC character, so Stan can go peddle his pinheads someplace else.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Green Arrow is a DC character, so Stan can go peddle his pinheads someplace else.
                        Even so, Stan created Green Arrow. All by himself. Just ask him.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• grayhank
                          That Fisher Price Guy
                          • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          Even so, Stan created Green Arrow. All by himself. Just ask him.

Chris
                          From Wikipedia:

Green Arrow is a fictional character, published by DC Comics. Created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 in 1941. His secret identity is Oliver Queen, billionaire and mayor of fictional Star City; he is best known to his associates as Ollie.
                          Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Green Arrow is a fictional character, published by DC Comics. Created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 in 1941. His secret identity is Oliver Queen, billionaire and mayor of fictional Star City; he is best known to his associates as Ollie.
                            Yep. I knew that. Just poking fun at the fact that Stan the Man likes to act like he created all the Marvel Super Heroes by himself. As if Kirby and Ditko had little to no involvment at all in the initial creation.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Stans always been about self-promotion
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                                The DarkSide Customizer
                                • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,... But he does claim that He did'nt create Wolverine, & he was his.... But didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎