X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael crawford
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 15, 2008

Terminator: Salvation 6" figures review

As I mentioned earlier this week, I’m hitting up the Trek and Terminator licenses pretty heavy for the next few reviews. Last night I checked out the 6” Terminator: Salvation figures of the T-600, T-700, and T-R.I.P., and if you’re looking for rainbows and puppy dogs, you ain’t going to find it here. Nope, another disappointing release, although the T-700 is at least reasonable decent…if you don’t end up with one that has his feet on the wrong legs, like I did. I’ll be looking at the 12” Trek on Thursday night, and there’s a ray of sunshine, albeit a thin one.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Thanks for reading!

Michael
    MWC
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I'd really be curious to know if any product to the Movie is going to bare any extreme likeness to the characters... So far,.. the Hot Toys John Conner is the only thing I have scene.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• neogelion
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 11, 2009

Both Terminator:Salvation and the new are Trek are disappointing in the toy area. The new Kirk figure is horrible.
      Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

yeah i've seen both lines hanging on the pegs. i tried to convince myself to buy but just couldnt fool myself.

Comment

• Seeker
          Neptunians RULE!
          • Feb 20, 2008

The flying hunter killer is interesting so is the T1 Tank. The T600 makes sense as a primitave prototype of the walking terminator.

But the T 700 and 800 and RIP are all the same figure. What a rip.

Shouldnt the RIP be more primative then the T600?

The Marcus guys are the worst of the lot.

Photos of the giant harvester and the cyclebots look promising
          Lo there do I see my Father.
          Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
          Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
          Lo they do call me.
          They bid me take my place among them.
          In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I can't believe these toys are taking up space on the shelves this summer... & I am a Huge Terminator Fan.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

I saw these figures the other day. I'm not impressed what so ever. I thought they were gonna be amazing. I'm not gonna be getting them. I'm also a huge Terminator fan
              Sammy

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

There will be lots of peg warmers for the holidays.
                Lynn
                Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; May 18, '09, 5:38 PM.

Comment

• mego73
                  Printed paperboard Tiger
                  • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by michael crawford
                  As I mentioned earlier this week, I’m hitting up the Trek and Terminator licenses pretty heavy for the next few reviews. Last night I checked out the 6” Terminator: Salvation figures of the T-600, T-700, and T-R.I.P., and if you’re looking for rainbows and puppy dogs, you ain’t going to find it here. Nope, another disappointing release, although the T-700 is at least reasonable decent…if you don’t end up with one that has his feet on the wrong legs, like I did. I’ll be looking at the 12” Trek on Thursday night, and there’s a ray of sunshine, albeit a thin one.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Thanks for reading!

Michael
                  MWC
                  Welcome Mike! I've read your reviews from time to time. I hope that you don't mind that when I first hear your name, I think of the singer that plays Phantom Of The Opera.

[email protected]

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

I saw these this morning. I think the Terminators look ok...the humans fall into the same messy pile as the Trek figures (whom, after a huge run at the start, are starting to pile up hip deep!).

My main issue is the scale thing. I noticed the so called six inch figures are barely taller than the 3 3/4 stuff? 4 1/2 inches roughly. Is this another Canadian rip off thing like the missing extra bridge pieces with the Trek figures?
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎