X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drain
    megos are yummy
    • Jun 10, 2007

GI JOE 3.75 Figures closing out?

Is the GI Joe line coming to a end. I was at the BI-Mart in Cottage Grove OR, last week and in the toy section, they had a selection of 3.75 GI Joes on narrow little cards with no accessaries at all for $1.75. I have in the past, have seen this type of packaging used at the end on a figures line to close surplus. That how I got my Kenner Super Powers Robin and Firestorm. Then of course the Micronaunts.
    Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I wouldn't doubt it,they've already made most of the best characters
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

ToyFare a Few Months Back said that they were going to gear up for Movie Toy's for Joes,.. when the Movie Toys come & go, then they would consider going back to the RAH line .
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Yep, Their clearing space for the movie and Resolute lines. Up here, GI JOE is one of the few toy lines that is once again regularily selling out. I hope messing around with the line like this wont kill it off again!?
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• bgrimm77
          NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
          • Jan 4, 2009

we have had those small carded figures up here in the northeast for over a year now. I think it was just surplus because at all the major retailers and toy stores they have plenty of Joes and are alway's selling out of the new waves when they hit. The Resolution Cobra Commander looks AWESOME!!!
          WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

If I'm not mistaken,those are like the ones they had in Dollar General and Family Dollar. The articulation isn't the same on them as the 25th Anniversary stuff.

Comment

• bgrimm77
              NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
              • Jan 4, 2009

You Are Right...they Are The Left Overs From Venom And Valor.....
              WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Dollar General has the same thing for a buck.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Drain
                  Is the GI Joe line coming to a end. I was at the BI-Mart in Cottage Grove OR, last week and in the toy section, they had a selection of 3.75 GI Joes on narrow little cards with no accessaries at all for $1.75. I have in the past, have seen this type of packaging used at the end on a figures line to close surplus. That how I got my Kenner Super Powers Robin and Firestorm. Then of course the Micronaunts.
                  Those Super Powers skinny cards were not Kenner closing out the line. What happened was, in Canada Irwin Toys (who was Kenner Canada) sold a promotion to Shell Canada, when you got gas, you could get a figure. The figures came on those skinny cards, probably to save space.

Trouble is they ordered way, way too many figures and the sales rep (who I am friends with now) took pity on them and closed them out to a US liquidator, which is why they appeared in the US at all.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• spiderrogue
                    new mego-er
                    • Feb 3, 2008

ive seen the joes in the smaller packs at dollar general or general dollar..whatever its called...but the ones that i have seen are figures that i have never seen...they are about 3 bucks, no weapons...kinda plain..but they are joes...its weird..lol...like they are ones that hasbro did, but then changed their minds on and released them like this....

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

From what I understand,the movie stuff is 3 3/4". So I don't think Hasbro is doing away that scale.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 10, 2007

Those fiures have been at our Dollar General for a couple years or more now. There were a bunch at KB Toys a couple months ago when they were clearing stuff out for their going out of business as well.
                        Lynn

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I have been getting those for my son for several years....at least as early as 2005.....for 2 bucks a pop you can't go wrong

Comment

• goldenryan
                            coy member
                            • Jul 13, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                            Those Super Powers skinny cards were not Kenner closing out the line. What happened was, in Canada Irwin Toys (who was Kenner Canada) sold a promotion to Shell Canada, when you got gas, you could get a figure. The figures came on those skinny cards, probably to save space.

Trouble is they ordered way, way too many figures and the sales rep (who I am friends with now) took pity on them and closed them out to a US liquidator, which is why they appeared in the US at all.
                            interresting read. it's history to me.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎