X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Latest to ToY Fare Make DC fans happy...sorta

I got the latest issue of Toy Fare in the mail today and it has pictures of DC Direct's 1/6 scale Wonder Woman for Sept.'09. Looks OK. Not as good as Power Girl, Bat Girl or Black Canary, In my opinion.

There's photos of JLU Gen Eiling and Blackhawk as well as the Waller photo released around Christmas.

Plus a whole slew of new Infinite Hero figures

Tonner Hal Jordan GL

it also has a feature on the new GI Joe movie with some photos I haven't seen, but I really haven't kept up with the film.

My GI Joe had kung-fu grip and a fuzzy head.
    Last edited by madmarva; Jan 13, '09, 12:36 AM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Sweet, a JLU Blackhawk. Is it the young guy from the WW2 episode or the old geezer from the later Secret Society/Luthor episode?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

LMS A Pic of that WonderWoman ?

Not really interested in anything Else... A Little disapointed there is No Love for a Secret Six Wave,.. or Ross's Justice Society wave 2 yet.... But , Maybe soon at some of the Toy Conventions.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I dunno,.. From the Pics,.. I like the WonderWoman Better than the Powergirl & the Batgirl,.. I'd half to see a Close up of the Face... The JLU BlackHawk is very cool too.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Not crazy about the molded hair but I'm still probably gonna have to get that Wondy.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Wonder Woman looks far better than the Power Girl. DId they eliminate the visible knee joints?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

She might be wearing flesh-colored tights. Didn't Power Girl come with those too?
              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Yep, Power Girl has flesh-colored tights.

My wife will be stoked for a 13" WW. She keeps asking when they are ever going to get around to it. Now I can tell her!

The old Blackhawk wasn't Blackhawk himself, but another member of the group (that always confused me). This appears to be the main man from his 40s heyday in "The Savage Time". And General Eiling! J.K. Simmons action figure! Alright!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  Alan Scott is the best GL
                  • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

The old Blackhawk wasn't Blackhawk himself, but another member of the group (that always confused me). This appears to be the main man from his 40s heyday in "The Savage Time". And General Eiling! J.K. Simmons action figure! Alright!

Chris
                  It fit to me since the events are from the end of the black hawks (ie post korea possibly even the 60's) Blackhawk was in his mid 30's in the war stories, so he would be too old (if even alive) in the story to be able to navigate dangers of the trip. The character was a young blackhawk then. Most surviving ww2 vets today were early 20's then so it makes sense in that way

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I meant the thing that confused me was that the group was collectively called "The Blackhawks" and their leader was "Blackhawk". Having the younger member (which one was it?) survive into the time of the JLU did indeed make a lot of sense.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

You can't tell from the photo, but Wonder Woman does have flesh tights like Power Girl.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Yep, Power Girl has flesh-colored tights.

My wife will be stoked for a 13" WW. She keeps asking when they are ever going to get around to it. Now I can tell her!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎