Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

I have to say the Total Justice line. They were just plain uuuugly!
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

Worst lines Hmm I'll probably take some hits here but I will explain her as well in no particular order.

A-team 3 1/4" figures looked rushed & cheap

Indiana Jones & The Temple of doom Figures. They looked cheasy & Cheap liked Kenners alot better.

Air Raiders Figures sucked royaly (the clones attacked befor the star wars prequils)

The Bad guys from Centurions (Hated them designed poorly)

The Dragonriders of the Styx Just plain cheese (I know we had them & played with them as children)

Wheeled Warriors Vehicles cool figures Sucked.

GI Joe Extreame could have been cool had they stayed with the 3 1/4" format

the D&D Vynal Figures sucked they were molded horibly & had no articulation

American Gladiators More Preposed single action Action figures

Battle trolls (Need I Explain)

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by tmthor
        Worst lines Hmm I'll probably take some hits here but I will explain her as well in no particular order.

A-team 3 1/4" figures looked rushed & cheap

Indiana Jones & The Temple of doom Figures. They looked cheasy & Cheap liked Kenners alot better.

Air Raiders Figures sucked royaly (the clones attacked befor the star wars prequils)

The Bad guys from Centurions (Hated them designed poorly)

The Dragonriders of the Styx Just plain cheese (I know we had them & played with them as children)

Wheeled Warriors Vehicles cool figures Sucked.

GI Joe Extreame could have been cool had they stayed with the 3 1/4" format

the D&D Vynal Figures sucked they were molded horibly & had no articulation

American Gladiators More Preposed single action Action figures

Battle trolls (Need I Explain)
        Hey you're right I forgot about the American Gladiators they did suck,their knees were bent stiff and arms just moved up and down and not to mention the fact that they were like 2' tall,I actually Like the Indy toys though
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>I'll probably take some hits here but I will explain her as well in no particular order.

BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!

>The Bad guys from Centurions (Hated them designed poorly)

HAW! I loved these guys! They are possibly the weirdest, and silliest designs EVER! But I like that. Toy-wise they're pretty well put together. (I still have Doc Terror.) The Centurions in general were; and the show wasn't too bad either.

>The Dragonriders of the Styx Just plain cheese (I know we had them & played with them as children)

Cheese! WOOO!!!! Oh yeah; these were some weird, cheapie figures. But I love that. You could amass a ton of them, and there was no story so you could supply your own.

Y'know... I find that the 70's and 80's WERE pretty good for toys; but in different ways. The late 60's/early 70's were a great time for IMAGINATION! All sorts of strange, cool toys were produced. But by the 80's PRODUCTION was better. Although a bunch of cool things came out in the early 80's. By the late 80's it was all pretty much derivative.

Now; I gotta mention ONE toy series from the 80's that I'm not sure if it was good, or bad. (Even when I was a kid I had my doubts...) That being the Masters of the Universe line. Some cool ideas, extremely well done, but they all had that weird squatting thing going on. (Sorta like the old Comic Action Heroes, without the ...um.... ODD hand gesture.)

Don C.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

So many bad 90s movie lines to choose from.

Mattel's Hook, Flintstones figures and Demolition Man.
            Kenner's Robin Hood Prince of thieves, The Shadow, Stargate and Waterworld
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Airdave817
              Satellite Monitor Duty
              • May 31, 2007

I wished that I had bought them when I saw them - M*A*S*H. Very kid friendly, I'm thinkin'! Stage battles with the little green army men. What were they thinking? Just figures, no playsets - like the swamp with working 'still, or the operating room, or recovery...Who made them anyway?
              Shameless self-promotion -
              Earth-Dave
              KROC-FM
              Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
              "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by ctc
                >I'll probably take some hits here but I will explain her as well in no particular order.

BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!

>The Bad guys from Centurions (Hated them designed poorly)

HAW! I loved these guys! They are possibly the weirdest, and silliest designs EVER! But I like that. Toy-wise they're pretty well put together. (I still have Doc Terror.) The Centurions in general were; and the show wasn't too bad either.

>The Dragonriders of the Styx Just plain cheese (I know we had them & played with them as children)

Cheese! WOOO!!!! Oh yeah; these were some weird, cheapie figures. But I love that. You could amass a ton of them, and there was no story so you could supply your own.

Y'know... I find that the 70's and 80's WERE pretty good for toys; but in different ways. The late 60's/early 70's were a great time for IMAGINATION! All sorts of strange, cool toys were produced. But by the 80's PRODUCTION was better. Although a bunch of cool things came out in the early 80's. By the late 80's it was all pretty much derivative.

Now; I gotta mention ONE toy series from the 80's that I'm not sure if it was good, or bad. (Even when I was a kid I had my doubts...) That being the Masters of the Universe line. Some cool ideas, extremely well done, but they all had that weird squatting thing going on. (Sorta like the old Comic Action Heroes, without the ...um.... ODD hand gesture.)

Don C.
                you have to go with on the Masters of the Universe,they had like 70 characters a bunch of playsets and vehicles ,it was one of the most successful toy lines of all time,but yeah I agree it was a little difficult to play with the figures

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Galoob Men In Black, clunky hunks of crap that didn't have to be.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

most of 80's toys ere like the masters of the univers hard to play with . lots of guys and vehicles though. mike

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Love Boat. 3 3/4. Was it Mego that produced these? What play value did these figures have?

Toy Biz DC Heroes. This one is particularly damning coming on the heels of The Super Powers, arguably one of the all time greatest Action Figures lines. Taking the eloquent squeeze actions and sculpts of quite a few of the Super Powers figures and rendering them into low quality retreads with barely functioning action machanisms. Toy Biz took the money and left town with millions of kids holding the Florida Swamps of Action Figures. Any Toy line that contains "Punch Yourself Luthor" is going to suck big time.

Not to mention BOB THE GOON?

Just when things were looking up in terms of quality for Toy Biz around the second or third waves of Marvel Hereos and X-Men, they introduce the ten inch line based on sculpts meant for their six inch line? WFT? Plus the number awful repaints spawned into this line.
                      The worst offenders include She-Hulk repainted from XENA!

The Spot. A character NOBODY EVER WANTED.

Moon Knight

and hordes of others.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Boris71
                        GeekBot' For Life
                        • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        So many bad 90s movie lines to choose from.

Mattel's Hook, Flintstones figures and Demolition Man.
                        Kenner's Robin Hood Prince of thieves, The Shadow, Stargate and Waterworld
                        they were bad, hook was one of the worst follwed by robin hood, the flintstones weren't great yet oddly I own a set of them, I may take some heat for this statement but I loved the kenner stargate line, not exactly movie acurate I give you but a good line that kenner should have developed
                        Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

the only things I liked from that DC action figure toy line was the Batmobile,Batwing,playset and the Batmans
                          everything else sucked

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Love Boat. 3 3/4. Was it Mego that produced these? What play value did these figures have?

Toy Biz DC Heroes. This one is particularly damning coming on the heels of The Super Powers, arguably one of the all time greatest Action Figures lines. Taking the eloquent squeeze actions and sculpts of quite a few of the Super Powers figures and rendering them into low quality retreads with barely functioning action machanisms. Toy Biz took the money and left town with millions of kids holding the Florida Swamps of Action Figures. Any Toy line that contains "Punch Yourself Luthor" is going to suck big time.
                            As bad as the first series are, at least most were based on Super Powers sculpts (the Riddler was even based on the Flash's SP sculpt). Series 2 contained figures that made bootlegs cry. Green armed Aquaman, anyone?

Their vehicles weren't bad though.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Dungeon and Dragons-1983-84 Ljn I thought these were horrible.
                              Early Toy Biz x-men total crap.
                              X-Generation toy biz
                              Iron man-toy biz
                              Spiderman animated-toy biz

Toy Biz was pretty much Garbage in the early 90's

Comment

• goldenryan
                                coy member
                                • Jul 13, 2007

yeah, any line from a movie in the 90's was bad, waterworld anyone? dc heroes was bad. i still liked the x-men until about 93 or so that line was huge for a few years iceman and deadpool were like$30 for a while .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎