Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Arrghh....only Man of Action on shelves.

Apparently a palette of toys that was supposed to arrive last night did not. I am going to check a neighboring Wal Mart then try again tomorrow.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• theantiquetiger
      Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
      • Nov 12, 2005

I went back to the Wal-Mart where I saw 30 figures, they are still there. What did sell fast was the 25th Anniversary 3 3/4" Joes. They did not have them 3 days ago, today, there were only three hanging. This was not the store where I bought the 5 I sold here two days ago.

I am still not happy with the thumbnails in the wrong place.
      sigpic

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

12 noon thursday I found 50 of them on the bottom shef, I got 4 ,Man of action they did not have.I went back at 11:00 that night to pick up some for friends, they were all gone!

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
          Museum Chaplain
          • Nov 26, 2002

No "Man of Action" at my Wal-Mart either.
          "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
            I am still not happy with the thumbnails in the wrong place.
            I thought only the hard hands had the thumbnails in the wrong place?

Edit

I googled gi joe hands and came up empty. I did find some pics on ebay.

Unlike the hard hands, it looks like the KFG hands do have the thumbnails in the normal spots.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 10, '07, 10:37 PM.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

You're right Anthony, although Hasbro does indicate the thumbnail on the left hand is still inverted. I believe the originals had the left thumbnail inverted as well, but the right thumbnail was on the fingerprint area. The Kung Fu Grip corrected their "trademark" on the right hand.

I am sure we have enough original AT Joe collectors to make it clear.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                • Nov 12, 2005

I googled it as well and came up with nothing as well. I always thought all 12" Joes had the nails on the inside of the thumb.
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I had just called three Walmarts in Louisville and got the same "they'll be out shortly" nonsense when the phone rang. It was a very good friend of mine saying, "Who's your buddy? Who's your friend?" I sat up and said, "You didn't!" He says, "You better believe it!" I said "Where the h*ll did you find them?!" Get this. He says, "Their on a free standing display over here in Jeffersonville, IN. I'm holding two of Land, Sea, Air, and the Black Joe. You want?" Well...I'm on my freakin' feet going, "Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!" ( I had already found two of the Man of Action figures but nothing more). So I met him back on this side of the bridge and his wife and kids are in tow. She says, "You wouldn't believe how it happened. I was sitting in the car waiting for him to come out with an oil filter for the van. Out of nowhere he comes sprinting out the door screaming, 'Where is my cell phone?' I thought it was an emergency and he says, "It is an emergency. It's Joe!" I say, "Who's Joe? Is he hurt?" He says, "No! It's for my buddy. I found the GI Joes!" It takes me a full minute to figure out he is talking about action figures and then I let out this enormous sigh. It was scary and hysterical all at the same time!"
                  She had a good laugh. We sat there and opened one set with glee. Flocking was the best on the Air Adventurer and Black Joe while the worst was the Sea Adventurer (very, very light). Anyway I paid him and went back home and took my own deep sigh. I said to myself, "It's over and I have these freeakin' figures. Thank God!" I thought this was going to turn into another 'Hot Wheels Batmobile' hide and seek mission. I hope everyone on the forum scores like this. It was CRAZY! What we collectors go through...

Comment

• JDeRouen
                    Author of Small Things
                    • Jun 14, 2001

Still none of the three Wal-Marts in the Rogers/Bentonville, Arkansas area has the figures. Going to Fayetteville to check out their Wal-Marts next week, and if none of them have the figures, I'm giving up.
                    --
                    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

Well, I'm officially giving up. The last time I went to store #1, they were still resetting their modulars in the toy section. Went today, everything was set up, no G.I. Joes. Apparently, they've decided not to sell them in Arkansas, or at least in the part of Arkansas I live in.

I truly despise Wal-Mart, and would like nothing more than for giant sinkholes to appear beneath each and every one of them and suck them deep into the ground.

So no retro GI Joes for me.

Those who did find them, where do you live? My wife is convinced that you all live in the northeast, for some reason, and that they're only there.
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Mawni
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 11, 2007

Montana AND Florida

Hi,

I'm not really new here, I used to post as "Monti" with a Gorn avatar before the changeover. I haven't been able to logon since then.

I was in Great Falls, MT 3 days ago and no joes to be found. Then we flew down to Orlando and I checked the Kissimmee Walmart and still no luck. I'm going to be in Orlando for 2 more days and then down to Daytona. Any Floridians have any suggestions for me?

BTW if anyone comes down here and they try to sell you a time share be prepared for a high pressure sell!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I thought only the hard hands had the thumbnails in the wrong place?

Edit

I googled gi joe hands and came up empty. I did find some pics on ebay.

Unlike the hard hands, it looks like the KFG hands do have the thumbnails in the normal spots.
                          My two vintage KFG figures both have regular old thumb nails. Only the hard hands had the goofed up nail placement.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I was thinking the other day. Wouldn't it be ironic if Hasbro ends up over producing these and they begin collecting dust on the shelf after so many of us, like myself, put so much energy into finding these when they first came out? I only say that because these Joes are part of Walmarts' Christmas set up which suggests that Walmarts should probably be stocking them for the next 4+ months at least. I have a feeling anyone who is wanting these will be able to get them once all of these stores have their set ups completed and the initial frenzy to get them has died down. It's pretty neat to think you can actually wake up Christmas morning this year with an Adventure team Joe under the tree. What great memories!

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JDeRouen

. . . Those who did find them, where do you live? My wife is convinced that you all live in the northeast, for some reason, and that they're only there.
                              I'm located in northern, KY and the Wal-Mart I visited had an entire end cap full of these figures.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Speed Racer
                                I'm located in northern, KY and the Wal-Mart I visited had an entire end cap full of these figures.
                                Hey Speed Racer, you wouldn't happen to reside in Florence, KY would you? I ask because I'm here in Louisville and occassionally the family and I take trips up there to shop and have a good time. It's also my place to find collectibles since Louisville is loaded to the gills with Ebayers and hard core collectors.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎