X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Vintage GI Joe head measurement

I'm trying to make a custom Billy Jack figure utilizing a Cotswold Elite body and head. I found a guy online who makes the hat, but he needs measurements.

I suck when it comes to measuring things out and always second guessing myself... I was wondering if anyone can confirm for me if the vintage GI Joe head does measure 4 inches and 5 mm around?
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Very loaded question here. I'll be honest, I have easily over 100 vintage GiJoes, and I bet very few have the same dimensions. There's all sorts of sizes, and then the Cotswold heads are even different as well. I can grab a couple of send and see what it says.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by drquest
      Very loaded question here. I'll be honest, I have easily over 100 vintage GiJoes, and I bet very few have the same dimensions. There's all sorts of sizes, and then the Cotswold heads are even different as well. I can grab a couple of send and see what it says.
      That would be much appreciated, thank you!
      Wanted:

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Didn't have a cotswold to compare it to, but vintage ranged from 11mm to 12.5mm around the head where a cap would sit. I know there's some vintage that are much smaller because the head would shrink, and I didn't pick any of those, but the later softer head joes, 1967-69 had some fairly large noggins.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

If the hat is a bit large, you could add an interior hatband of ribbon to adjust the fit.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

So...it would seem my dumbass self forgot how to read a ruler properly... the actual measurement is in fact 4" 5/16

I'm having the hat custom made by a fella by the name of Stevo. Thank you for everyone's input!
            Wanted:

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎