Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did the parachute boxed CA come with both versions of the parachute?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesharkman
    Museum Patron
    • Nov 1, 2019

did the parachute boxed CA come with both versions of the parachute?

did both plain harness version and back pack type chute come in the parachute box?

thesharkman
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Just saw this, no the coffin boxed figure came with the smaller harness version, and the boxed version of the parachute had the larger version.

These parachutes are why a lot of Captain Action figures were turned into permanent wheelchair users.

I have a picture of mine here: https://www.theflatearth.net/captain...captain-action
    Last edited by drquest; Aug 6, '23, 9:24 AM.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thesharkman
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 1, 2019

funny you just replied as I was gathering photos to show the differences. Here's one posted on ePay currently and it's this type of offering that made me ask the question:

this one doesn't even looked played with as evidenced by the neck insert being present as well as the good captain's chest emblem looking minty with all of its points.

thesharkman

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I guess there's a chance it came in the coffin box, but I've only seen these with the boxes, pictured below. That parachute pictured below is sealed.

The blue one is the retail window box parachute box, and the orange helmet came with that set as well.

You could ask the C/A email list, maybe someone else has seen it included?

Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thesharkman
          Museum Patron
          • Nov 1, 2019

Originally posted by drquest
          I guess there's a chance it came in the coffin box, but I've only seen these with the boxes, pictured below. That parachute pictured below is sealed.

The blue one is the retail window box parachute box, and the orange helmet came with that set as well.

You could ask the C/A email list, maybe someone else has seen it included?

RIGHT!.... I didn't even think of the helmet and boots! If the captain didn't look so "new", I would agree and say someone bought the boxed pack and put the stuff in the coffin box. It would have been cool to get the one in my photo and a buddy getting the regular sealed chute. LOL.

thesharkman

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎