X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures Issue 11 Cover Reveal

As showcased at last weekend’s Power-Con, the cover for Toy-Ventures Issue 11 is live. Issue 11 features a striking cover by Chris Franklin depicting the Tonka Steel Monsters Toy Line. The bonus early bird prize is a Metal Face Car Air Freshener, he smells like grape! More details soon! Toy-Ventures Magazine is a quarterly vintage […]
    The post Toy-Ventures Issue 11 Cover Reveal appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

This was a ton of fun to do, using about every trick in my toolbox to create this. I remember seeing these Steel Monsters vehicles at my local Coast to Coast hardware store around Christmas time 1986. I really wanted them, but my Christmas list was already loaded. When Brian started posting about them, I told him if he ever did an article on them, I wanted in. He graciously agreed to let me design and execute the cover. The Metal Face air freshener is just a wonderful touch. Of course you'd love to smell grape when you're out battling in the post-apocolyptic desert!

Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Aug 17, '23, 5:18 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I like to pretend that they're not really living in a Mad Max hellscape...they're just a bunch of bored dads with nothing better to do than weld spikes, and cannons to the family sedan, and go "Demolition derby" on the weekends.

Then they come home and the wife is all "What do we tell the insurance company?"

Metal Face: "Tell them I pushed Dave's half track over an embankment with the Chevy, Debra!"
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎