Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have experience fixing cracks in vintage superhero slurpee cups?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Anybody have experience fixing cracks in vintage superhero slurpee cups?

I have a Metamorpho slurpee cup, that naturally developed a crack due to age.

I have kept nothing in it, nothing was up against it, and it has not fallen or taken any damage that I know of to cause the damage.

Has anybody repaired a split slurpee cup? How did you do it?

If it's a goner, anybody have a Metamorpho cup for sale?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

I don't have any advice on fixing cups, however I do have a cracked GRAPE APE cup in my collection and it's pretty bad. Cracked all the way down to the bottom, but I keep it cause what is the likelihood of finding another one. If it were me, I would keep the METAMORPHO until you find another one.

Sorry, probably not what you want to hear. If I tried to fix my Grape Ape cup, I know I would probably destroy it.

Good luck, mate!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

I can’t imagine anything that will truly fix it. To be fair, the company made it fifty years ago to be one tiny step more durable than a disposable red Solo cup.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

The only thing I can think of that might work is the awesomeness (and somewhat dangerous) known as Plastruct Bondene, which is a fluid styrene and ABS cement. This is the stuff you can use to fix T1 body parts, playset parts, etc.

Not knowing what your Slurpee cup is made of, it's highly experimental and could result in melting, which could be fun too!.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎