X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

The former Marx Toys factory, Glen Dale, WV

Took a little road trip the other day. And this is where it led me. Doesn't look like much today, but at one time, this was the largest toy factory in the world.

Birthplace of Big Loo, The Great Garloo, the Big Wheel, the Green Machine, Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots and hundreds of other amazing toys.

Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Very cool Road Trip. I've got a Johnny West pic floating around somewhere...

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Good stuff! I like Marx toys, they have a unique charm.

I need to find the fabled "Marx Dump" and go for a dig to see if i can find some cool, rare items.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• tay666
        Career Member
        • Dec 27, 2008

Hmm. Wonder if I should get some pix of the old Marx toys building over in Girard PA.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by tay666
          Hmm. Wonder if I should get some pix of the old Marx toys building over in Girard PA.
          YES! Please do!

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

That's fantastic!

Marx Toys were amazing, they can't be equaled today.

There never will be such a combination quality, charm and uniqueness again.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for posting the pics. I loved my BOTW toys when I was a kid so it's very neat to see the old factory.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎