X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

13 Things to Love About Super Powers Mini-Comics

My latest article for 13th Dimension takes a look at the wonderful mini-comics packed in with the legendary Kenner Super Powers figures!

sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Those mini comics are terrific and they really should have made that Jokermobile.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Agreed on both counts!
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Aquaman and Penguin in one comic?! Yes!

Thank you for this perfectly-presented memorial to one of my favorite toy lines ever. I'm so glad I still have mine.

You're quite right to showcase the carry-case as well--I recall loving loving Alex Ross' homage to the condensed origins strips years later. Originally, I bought a second case to customize with (typed!) name tags for second- & third-wave figures.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
          ...they really should have made that Jokermobile.
          Even then, I suspected that was a cross-sell and felt gypped. Luckily,the BTAS version salved the disappointment.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

You're quite right to showcase the carry-case as well--I recall loving loving Alex Ross' homage to the condensed origins strips years later. Originally, I bought a second case to customize with (typed!) name tags for second- & third-wave figures.
            Nice! I didn't have the carry case as a kid, but I love it now. I probably would have done the same thing, given that i customized my loose-leaf Who's Who Binders about 6 years later.

Even then, I suspected that was a cross-sell and felt gypped. Luckily,the BTAS version salved the disappointment.
            Yes, it's obvious that Kenner was far enough along in the devlopment of that toy that at one time they felt it was going to be released. Oddly enough the BTAS Jokermobile was first shown as a vehicle for the movie-based Dark Knight collection, but THAT version went unreleased too, and was finally on shelves under the BTAS banner. You can see what eventually became the coveted BTAS Robin Dragster on this page as well.

sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

These were fun for me back in the day, I miss those good old days.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎