Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large carded Star Wars collection found wow!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Large carded Star Wars collection found wow!

So it looks like this came up in November, but the auction is supposed to be next month.

Over 300 carded figures, stuck away for years untouched. Not just Jedi cards, but original 12 backs, to POTF as well.

I can't believe what I read, but says it includes multiple 12 back Lukes, but that 5 of those are the double telescoping variety. I've owned a few loose double telescoping Lukes over the years, as those came in the Early Bird sets, but carded examples are very rare, so knowing there's 5 of these in this collection is astounding.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2023...n-chicago.html

https://issuu.com/morphyauctions/doc...c_2023_febtoys
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • tay666
    Career Member
    • Dec 27, 2008

Holy crap!

That is a huge collection!
    Not only all the carded figures, but the Early Bird set, sealed boxes of wax-pack cards, some vehicles and playsets, and a graded Yak-face.
    I'm surprised there wasn't a vinyl caped jawa in there.

I haven't collected for over 20 years when I liquidated all my vintage Star Wars, but seeing all that just amazes me.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

So, with a find this big, will some of the "lesser" carded figures possibly go cheaper than current "market value"? In all the noise of the auction and the scramble over the rare pieces, will some of the more common, but still desirable pieces sell lower?
      sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        So, with a find this big, will some of the "lesser" carded figures possibly go cheaper than current "market value"? In all the noise of the auction and the scramble over the rare pieces, will some of the more common, but still desirable pieces sell lower?
        There are soo many kenner SW dealers and spectators I doubt 300 carded figures would make a dent. A downshift in the economy sure would ground prices to reasonable level though. We wouldn't see $100 loose Boba Fetts and Farmboy Lukes.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
          There are soo many kenner SW dealers and spectators I doubt 300 carded figures would make a dent. A downshift in the economy sure would ground prices to reasonable level though. We wouldn't see $100 loose Boba Fetts and Farmboy Lukes.
          I agree, it's not going to drop prices, but having multiple pretty rare examples popping up at one time that weren't available such as the double telescoping carded Luke is pretty crazy.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

The auction catalog has a sweet batch of vintage Japanese toys too, if ya dig that sorta thing.

Comment

• tay666
              Career Member
              • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by drquest
              I agree, it's not going to drop prices, but having multiple pretty rare examples popping up at one time that weren't available such as the double telescoping carded Luke is pretty crazy.
              Depending on how many of those carded Lukes are out there, having 5 more turn up may affect the price on those. But otherwise I don't much else being affected.

Comment

• msenger76
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 3, 2009

The starting bids are so high for the lesser figures too

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡