X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Dr Zaius Bank Mold (eBay Link) – There have been a few of the various moulds for banks on eBay recently, I guess that’s because they were made in the states. This one is really tasking me, I mean it’s Doctor Zaius and it’s super rare. These are my triggers…   GI Joe figure from […]
    The post 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

The wooden frames on all those 70s black velvet paintings trigger memories almost as vividly as the paintings themselves.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like Trapper is hitting on a receptive Margaret on that MASH package. That would have never happened when Margaret was essentially a "villain" along with Frank Burns! Love the Alda cariacture , though.

Falcon with a blue mask is throwing me. It's either the original green, or the classic white with the bird-shaped arrow-thingee in between his eyes. That being said, I'd love to own this thing!
      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

I'm so glad these are priced in a way to combat my interest! I need to save my money for the record show this weekend.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
          I'm so glad these are priced in a way to combat my interest! I need to save my money for the record show this weekend.
          Yeah, the whole purpose of the exercise is to look at neat stuff, not necessarily well-priced stuff.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I will never be able to wrap my mind around the idea that toy companies thought it was a good idea to market adult dramedy MASH to little kids. Some exec just thought kids would love to play out the soul crushing misery of surgeons at mobile hospital in the Korean War? I guess you can let the let's slap a license on cheap tooling we already had slide a little. But then again a cheap rack toy would sell just as good to kids without the MASH branding.

And I really don't get the Tristar action figure line. That was a really ambitious line with expensive all new tooling. For what? What kids is going to say I want Winchester over Duke or Snake Eyes!? The mind boggles.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
              I will never be able to wrap my mind around the idea that toy companies thought it was a good idea to market adult dramedy MASH to little kids. Some exec just thought kids would love to play out the soul crushing misery of surgeons at mobile hospital in the Korean War? I guess you can let the let's slap a license on cheap tooling we already had slide a little. But then again a cheap rack toy would sell just as good to kids without the MASH branding.

And I really don't get the Tristar action figure line. That was a really ambitious line with expensive all new tooling. For what? What kids is going to say I want Winchester over Duke or Snake Eyes!? The mind boggles.
              Back then, kids watched whatever was on the family TV. If mom and dad watched MASH, so did the kids. When I was young, I enjoyed MASH... although about half of it was over my head. And MASH had a bit of a moment at that time. So I can see what they were thinking, even though I agree that it was a doomed experiment.

The Tristar line always felt like cheap knockoffs, like the Galoob or REMCO figures. I feel like the goal wasn't to get you to pick them over GI Joe. It was to get you to mix them in with your existing GI Joe collection. I could have seen myself doing that, if it wasn't for the smiley faces. I've never been a fan of smiling action figures... I'm on team "waiting for the bus" for my action figures.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I watched MASH with my parents too. Still didn't want toys from it. We also watched 60 Minutes. Didn't make we want a Mike Wallace doll. Some stuff just isn't a good fit for toys.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I watched MASH with my parents too. Still didn't want toys from it. We also watched 60 Minutes. Didn't make we want a Mike Wallace doll. Some stuff just isn't a good fit for toys.
                  I dunno... does Mike have "Ambush Journalism Action"?

Honestly, MASH seems like a better idea for a toy than something like Welcome Back Kotter.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

MASH with plenty of accessories too, like an operating room, Jeeps, Red Cross truck and helicopter, to put the figures into.
                    I’m talking 8 inch versions.

Comment

• msenger76
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 3, 2009

I was just talking about how many MASH reruns i watched as a kid. it was on every day and for some reason we watched that instead of whatever cartoon was on that hour

Comment

• tay666
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 27, 2008

I remember MASH being shown at multiple times every week day. And then the new episode on Monday night.
                        Yeah, my parents loved the show, and I enjoyed it too.

I do love that Frazetta poster. Would look great on my wall.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎