• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Indiana Jones toys

Anyone collect Indy toys?

The less popular and less well-known Temple of Doom LJN figures. Not nearly as nice as the Kenner figures but I still dig them. I was totally surprised when I found these at Wards as a kid. I had no idea there was new Indy figures. I searched for ages for the unreleased Short Round and Willie Scott.

indyljn.JPG

There's a bunch of variations on these. The ones I know of are Indy with white shirt, Indy with brown shirt and Indy with more normal skin tone and brown satchel. Mola Ram came with the skull on his staff painted and unpainted.

Warning: Mola Ram's gold accessories have gotten REALLY brittle with age.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I collected the Kenner line for Raiders and was sorry Kenner didn't make Temple of Doom, ala the continued Star Wars line(s). I remember seeing these in a toy store in a mall right when the movie came out and then never seeing them much at all in any of my usual stores (mostly Roses and Woolworths when I was little).
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Falstaff13
      I collected the Kenner line for Raiders and was sorry Kenner didn't make Temple of Doom, ala the continued Star Wars line(s).
      I think we have a really good chance of finally getting Kenner Temple of Doom figures in the upcoming Hasbro retro line.

One of the things I really remember about the Kenner figures was how hard it was to find Indy and Marion. They must have been crazy underproduced. I remember digging through bins of Indy figures at Kaybee trying to find them. Years later you could still find Toht, Cairo Swordsman and German Mechanic on discount.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i had the 3 TOD figures. they were not as nice as the Kenner figures but i still dug them. i sold them off a few years ago. still have most of the Kenner line but really need to put that up for sale now too. time to clear some space

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
          One of the things I really remember about the Kenner figures was how hard it was to find Indy and Marion. They must have been crazy underproduced. I remember digging through bins of Indy figures at Kaybee trying to find them.
          I don't think I ever saw Marion back then. I didn't even know there were horses back then either (and I would have loved them, as Indy often found his way into my western figures anyway). The distribution and ratio of toys for the line were definite misses.

I do look forward to what they might make. When Crystal Skull came out, I was glad they made figures from throughout the original films.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i remember Marion being a peg warmer. she is also one that i never got in my collection. i think the only other one i never got was Belloq in ceremonial robes

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Kenner's case ratios killed many a line back then. I think they sent whole cases of one figure in some instances?
              sigpic

Comment

• msenger76
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 3, 2009

Only place i ever saw LJN was Wards. we went there once a year at christmas time. They didn't have indy but the other two. also the only place i ever saw the large Gremlins Stripe

Comment

• Scott777
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 4, 2023

the Ark of the Covenant from the last 1:18 scale line is always sitting on my desk.
                  I might collect those Adventures of Young Indianna Jones figures they just promoted on the Hasbro youtubes.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎