X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Olmec Sun-Man & Butterfly Women

With the deal between Olmec and Mattel working on releasing modern Sun-Man and the Sun-People action figures, I got nostalgic and wanted to see what could be pulled up on the net.
    original Sun People.jpg
    Now back in the day I played with MOTU, Remcos Warlord/Beast Men and even Mr T. I remember getting several of the Sun-People to add to the collection. Then came Princess Of Power and something in me wanted to collect them. I remember liking the cartoons better than MOTU so I had the whole collection (also was discovering I really liked boys). Now after saying this and doing the research about the Sun-People I was surprised to learn that Olmec did there own version of POP called Butterfly Women. I hope that at sometime Mattel rerelease them.
    olmec butterfly women back.jpg
    olmec butterfly women 2.jpg
    olmec butterfly women Amandla.jpg
    olmec butterfly women Felina2.jpg

So I know there are a few POP fans here and I would love to know if they heard of this line-up or even collected them?
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 23, '22, 11:29 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

olmec newspaper ad.jpgth (1).jpgsun man live action.jpg

Here are the news clippings I was able to find. I never saw any of the Sun-Man or MOTU live growing up so to find this articles now its incredible.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Despite being a HUGE MOTU fan as a kid, I never saw any of the Sun-Man (or Butterfly Woman) figures. I didn't know they existed until I got the big Tomart's Guide to Action Figures hardcover book in the early 90s.

I live in Kentucky though, which hasn't always had the greatest representation for non-white folks, so, local stores may have not ordered any, either.

I did have a Machiste figure from Remco's Warlord line, so I at least had a black character in my MOTU play. I dropped out right before Clamp Champ showed up.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I don't remember seeing them as a kid. Only She-Ra knock offs I had were a few Golden Girl figures.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎