X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Action Figure Archive Update: The Adventurer

Explosive new gallery added to the PlaidStallions Action Figure Archive today, The Adventurer!   The Adventurer seems to have been spawned in the early 1970s and is heavily influenced by the Mego Action Jackson toy line. The figures themselves appear to be a blow-molded 8? figure of Tommy Gunn ( Gunn was a UK take on […]
    The post Action Figure Archive Update: The Adventurer appeared first on PS.

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I would have loved to add some of them to my Action Jackson collection.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

The photographer outfit with green nehru jacket and pink pants seems to come from some alternate universe where Austin Powers was real in the 70s.

I love how bored the headsculpt looks. He's "THE ADVENTURER" but he seems like his latest adventure is holding his wife's purse while she tries on clothes all day.

Great outfits, though!
      sigpic

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

Those are neat!
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          The photographer outfit with green nehru jacket and pink pants seems to come from some alternate universe where Austin Powers was real in the 70s.
          I like that one, too. But the last one is mesmerizing. Was the Adventure a bar crawl in the Castro? TBH, I would love these two outfits on AJs displayed in front of a Dinah-Mite ski-chalet.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I like that one, too. But the last one is mesmerizing. Was the Adventure a bar crawl in the Castro? TBH, I would love these two outfits on AJs displayed in front of a Dinah-Mite ski-chalet.
            See...I thought it could be titled The Adventure of BiCurious George.

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

It's that one outfit set with the pink pants. Mego Conan would have kicked the *(&^ out of him for wearing that.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                It's that one outfit set with the pink pants. Mego Conan would have kicked the *(&^ out of him for wearing that.
                It's both of the outfits with the pink pants. Ok, the second set pants are more of a magenta...

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2019

None of this stuff shows up at all on ebay searches. Was hoping to pick up an agent outfit.
                  Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎