X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Big Jim --- Camper vs Rescue Rig

Back in a 70's Christmas (don't ask me the year) I got a Big Jim Rescue Rig.

Same Christmas my best-est buddy got a Big Jim Camper.

I was so jelly of his gift as he was jelly of mine.

In the end we both shared and played together and our friendship still exists --- 50-ish years later ?

Question ……...Big Jim Camper vs Rescue Rig

Which would you rather have ?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Camper, easy. I've one now and love it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Camper!

Comment

• KnightDetective
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 31, 2012

Rescue Rig for me! The talking communicator gadget was fascinating to me.

(R.I.P. ol' pal! Lost in a storage building disaster along with my Batcave, among other things...*sniffle* Didn't know some of my stuff had been moved. All I found was the crumpled wet remains of the Batcave and Aurora Godzilla's lower jaw. Advice to my past self: Padlock your room before leaving for school!)

Still, wouldn't have minded having the camper to go with the ... what was it called? The Safari Hut playset? Hunter's Cabin? Should look it up, but anyway, the one with the pop-up bunk. Also lost. Had that on display for years with Jim in the plaid flannel hunting gear. Good times.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

My Ma eventually bought me the Camper, (thanks Ma)

Weird thing, I never got around to putting the sticker decals on it.

Don't ask me why but somehow this decal/sticker sheet ended up with my Ma's official papers etc.

On ebay --- 30+ years later ----- Wound up selling it to a Gent in Italy for $85.00

Comment

• toyhunter1970
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 24, 2020

Rescoe Rig Mikey all the way

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 26, 2008

I think I would have liked the rescue rig, my friend had the camper and it was awesome, at least until I got the P.A.C.K. Beast truck with camper for christmas one year.
              Chad

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎