X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1977 Hasbro Charlies Angels Catalog

1977 Hasbro Charlie’s Angels Catalog The 1976 TV debut of Charlie’s Angels was somewhat reviled by TV critics but a runaway hit with the audience which not only included men but young girls who saw the crime-fighting trio as role models. This lead to merchandising and in 1977 “Angel Mania” hit toy shelves, Farrah Fawcett […]
    The post 1977 Hasbro Charlies Angels Catalog appeared first on PS.

More...
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Love this line! I believe by the time the dolls were introduced at Toy Fair in 1977, Farrah Fawcett was already threatening not to return for a second season. That must have been a blow to Hasbro because they did all the promotion with Jill, and then they had to redo the packaging, and replace her image with Kris.
    chicago-tribune-Mar-12-1977-p-31.jpgchicago-tribune-Mar-12-1977-p-32.jpgaltoona-mirror-Apr-03-1979-p-64.jpg

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I never understood those colored jumpers. They did not wear them in the series. I do not remember the outfits, if I would have seen them maybe I would have collected this line. I do remember watching the series with my parents.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Maybe they got the idea when they saw this episode where they wore these pajamas. LOL
        5278623-0_600.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

My sister had a set of these. I co-opted them for Mego play! Batman needed damsels to rescue (I know, I know, Neanderthal thinking...).

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Man I love this line. At a local toy show I saw my friend buy a set for $50 and I said I'll buy a set for that price. I missed out on the carded outfits and the deluxe sets which are more coveted than the figures. But the Angels weren't in my wheelhouse at the time, so I'd be grateful with what I did pickup. I have the loose corgi van as well. Great vintage line to collect and a decent retro show to revisit.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎