X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Captain America figure from Team America set

So as detailed in Auction Watch, last week a boxed Team America Captain America Chopper set was up on ebay. I have coveted this toy since I first saw it advertised, I believe with another Team America set I got in 1982. I never saw it in person ANYWHERE. Over the years I never saw the set, the bike or the figure. I never knew what the figure even looked like until a few short years ago, and the pictures never really gave me much detail.

So this set comes up on ebay, and I bid, but it went for $325. A bit rich for my budget. Luckily, someone had the Cap figure listed at the same time for a VERY nice price, and I snapped it up! He arrived yesterday, and after a little cleaning, he looks great. Since he was made for a chopper, he doesn't quite look right on my Playing Mantis reissue Evel Kneivel Stunt Cycle, but he does look pretty sweet on one of those Dollar Tree bikes! I threw in the "hard light" shield from one of the EMCE/Diamond ReMego sets, and I get a real Reb Brown vibe off of this guy! And he looks more proportionate on the bike in person. I'm very happy with him.

Chris
    sigpic
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I do remember seeing this figure set once at a child’s world in the mall

Comment

• supes
      For the love of Mego's!
      • Jan 19, 2004

He is really cool! Oddly enough the only time I saw him was at a car swap meet in about with parts. Picked him up for a buck!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Wow, great find! I love it when stuff like that happens.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Nice looking figure. I was upset that they did include him with the real action figures.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^The figure was from 1982, so Mego MAY have still had the exclusive rights to an actual articulated Captain America figure? I'm not sure. I know this is the time Mego was going under, and my understanding is the WGSH line actually ended a bit before Mego did, so it may just be speculation on my part.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! I've never seen such clear pictures of it before. I am a little surprise at the lack of paint detail. Cap would have been Marvel's flag ship character at the time.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, the lack of paint detail is weird. It makes him look a bit like the big brother of the Pocket Super Heroes Cap I have. They used white for his eyes, so I'm not sure why they could have went ahead and at least put the white paint on his "A", star, and wings. Heck, then just do the white stripes and forearms, and all you need is a touch of red for the stripes. The red gloves and boots are separate pieces glued on.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎