X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

A Monstrous Word of Thanks

This is long overdue and I apologize for getting to this sooner but wow, the launch of the magazine had a few challenges.
    The Guideto the World Famous Super Monsters in the first issue of Toy-Ventures does not have an author name attached because like all good projects, it was a collaboration and a product of people being very generous with their time and information.
    I merely acted as a project coordinator (which is my favourite role in anything) So i want to thank the real authors.

Rob Chatlin- for being the best editor I could hope for, the man has a big red pen.
    Corey LeChat- for just coming in and giving everything such incredible flourish.
    Steve Moore- Steve caught a few things that would haunt me forever.
    The Guide would not exist however if I didn't have these incredibly generous men who shared their collections, knowledge, and photographs to create this guide.
    Raymond Castile
    Andrew Williams
    Heath Smith
    Mike Jimenz
    Rob Pyatt
    Clay Sayre
    Robert William

Steve Rosenthal
    Matt Jaycox
    Rich Hurley

Scott Metzger
    Sylvain Emery
    Steve Leach
    Dwayne Pinkney
    And finally Shannon Stewart, who egged me on in February built the FB group to house this project and convinced me to make this happen.
    I can't tell you how much this project meant to me and how the energy and support everyone put into it raised my spirits.
    You all might collect monsters but you're superheroes to me.
    From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Collaboration is all powerful! Very cool to hear there are many contributors; looking forward to reading/seeing!

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
      Career Member
      • Sep 5, 2005

Again Brian, too kind. And thank YOU for inspiring ME. Forty years of having some of that AHI inf rattling around in only my head ws enough if not too much)! The magazine is incredible, and I'm learning more by pouring over it. Thank you for being inclusive and for manifesting this into a reality we can all enjoy!

Shannon

Comment

• Godzilla
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 3, 2002

Thanks for the kind words. It's really cool seeing your idea take flight and playing a small part.
        Mortui Vivos Docent
        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎