X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Space Trek

For the last couple of years, I've been buying a collection of Knock-Offs and this month, I get to explore strange new worlds with the cast of "Space Trek" but this band of interstellar explorers sure are wearing some familiar cloths and actually some familiar heads too.Yes Space Trek is another in a series of a toyline inspired by the left overs of another, much more well known one and in this case it's the Mego Star Trek line and The Ideal toys Star Team series. It's Knock-Off-A-Rific! Also, there is a major update about Toy-Ventures magazine, it's a good one.

Like Mego Knock-Offs? Join our Facebook group dedicated today, it's an intimate group that focuses just on vintage toys:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Neat. I always enjoying seeing stuff kind of outside my usual range of interest. You don't often see factory left overs liquidated like this anymore. I imagine rights are much more stricter enforced. When did this sort of thing start being phased out?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

Love the Knight of Darkness knockoff!
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I feel left out that I never saw anything like this in the wild. Our flea markets were just big yard sales, and not full of knock-off foreign toys like they are now.

Was the head sculpt the same on each figure other than Knight of Darkness and the female? And that is TOTALLY Cheryll Ladd!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

WOW are those bad. Like Tijuana bad.

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

I'm surprised those were not at the Star Trek Conventions in the old days.

Maybe because there were enough real Mego Star Trek still around.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎