• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoat
    A Therefore Experience
    • Jun 10, 2003

80's Toy Identification!

Hey!

I found a box of 80's miniatures for 50 cents this morning and I have a very vague idea of who these guys are. It appears there is a mix of lines here. There are some rubbery transformer looking dudes. I think some of these are battle beasts or laser beast or something like that. MUSCLE men too? I dunno, 80's ain't my bag. Anybody know exactly what these guys are?

• toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

the tan and a few of the colored ones are Muscles

the blue and the deer looking ones are battle beasts

the guy in the suit is from the MASK line

2 transformers rubber figures in red

the red and tan ones next to the guy in the suit are air raiders

there's a few more battle beasts in the box

the little green one is a man at arms from he-man in a knock off mini figure
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• misterdroid
      Banned
      • Jan 10, 2008

^^ all great info. The only thing I can add is the little ninjas are made by Soma, and are generic rack toys (which I love).

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by misterdroid
        ^^ all great info. The only thing I can add is the little ninjas are made by Soma, and are generic rack toys (which I love).
        lol! cool i couldn't remember who made them,but I had a bunch as a kid

Comment

• megoat
          A Therefore Experience
          • Jun 10, 2003

Thanks guys. I must have 20 of those battlebeasts.

Anyone know what the red robot guy in the center of the box is. There's a bunch of them. He's to the left of the green GI joe looking guy with the backpack (btw, who is that that guy, too? He's rubbery like an eraser top....)

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

yeah he's an eraser of Max Ray from the Centurions

never seen the red robots

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by misterdroid
              I think I remember these being sold in the vending machine at a local grocery store. They were in those plastic bubbles. I had a bunch of them also.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• megoat
                A Therefore Experience
                • Jun 10, 2003

After some research it turns out those battle beasts were a pretty good find. I've got 14 Battle Beasts (about half with weapons) and 4 Laser Beasts all with weapons. Apparently the Laser Beasts are a little harder to find and fetch $15 bucks a pop while the Battle Beasts go for around $5 a pop. Not bad for 50 cents!

Thanks again guys for your help.

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

The Man-Bat figure in pic #6 was made by Deimer I think. They did alot of novelty erasers and rubber figures based on monsters, aliens, spaceships, animals, etc.
                  George

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Lemme see what I can tell you:

pic1: Generic ninja guys. There's actually six in the set. (I have 'em staring at me right now.) The thing behind them is a Muscle Thing/Kinnkuman figure. (They're based on an 80's Japanese cartoon but were marketed as Muscle Things here in the west. Ironicly the cartoon was dubbed for our tv a few years back.)

pic2: More Muscle Things

pic 3: First Gen Transformers. I fi remember right the little rubber guys were a premium that came with the figures and represented homunculus versions of the big characters.

pic 4: Battle Beasts. If you have any with Autobot or Decepticon symbols they're BattleFormers from Japan. The Beasts were originally a Transformers tie-in. (THere should be a number on the figure somewhere: it corresponds to the number on the weapon if you want to match them up proper-like.)

pic 5: the guy at the top is a Muscle Thing. The guy at the bottom left is Man At Arms from He-Man. Next to him is a Battle Beast weapon, a Muscle Thing, the leader of the bad guys from MASK, two Air Raiders and.... uh.... I don't know the story with the kung-fu zombie guy.

pic 6: Muscle Thing,. Muscle Thing, the bat guy was from a set of erasers from the 70's. (They did some 50's monsters too, like the monster from "I Married a Monster From Outer Space," and some original "Outer Limits" ones.) The last one is a Zugokku, from the original Gundam cartoon.

pic 7: More of the same, with Max Ray from the Centurions. I think them red and blue robots were sold in a bag, like the good ol' army men.

Don C.

Comment

• megoat
                      A Therefore Experience
                      • Jun 10, 2003

Wow CTC, thanks a lot. Just the sort of info I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎