X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

The Incredible Hulk UK Annual- We just did a podcast today about UK annuals and this one was a topic of discussion. It's the only time in comic form that we have this rendition of the Hulk, the comics are all about Bill Bixby turning into Lou Ferrigno, I found that so charming.

Bendy Toys Buck Rogers and Twiki set- Speaking of charming, these foam rubber action figures were exclusive to the United Kingdom and are just so kooky. I own a set myself and really love Buck's weird non-accurate space suit.

Godzilla's Gang figure by Mattel- Godzilla's Gang was sold at the same time as the Shogun Warriors, it was a series of Japanese Monster vinyls where most of the character were from Ultra-Man shows, with the exception of Godzilla of course. Nobody talks about these! They're super awesome and I want them all!

SWAT Iron On Transfer- I'm not a big fan of the series but I love this really striking artwork. That would really pop on a shirt.

Battle of the Planets Mego Style Figure- The Popy TV Heroes brand were meant to emulate the Mego World's Greatest Superheroes figures (which Popy also sold in Japan). This one was my grail for decades, I mean this is the figure I would have killed for in 1979.

We're publishing a Toy-Ventures Magazine this Summer, here's a link on how to be kept in the loop: https://plaidstallions.com/reboot/magazine/

Like Mego Knock-Offs? Join our Facebook group dedicated today, it's an intimate group that focuses just on vintage toys: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Megoknockoff/

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I have my original Godzilla from the gang, the others tempt me a lot. I do have a King Ghidorah repro from the same era. Wonder what the story was on not using Toho monsters? Money I imagine.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Wonder what the story was on not using Toho monsters? Money I imagine.
      That was exactly the reason, Toho would only license each kaiju separately, at full price. That's why Mattel only made Godzilla merch (outside of their wonderful Shogun Warriors, kind of, Rodan), the Marvel comic didn't feature any other Toho kaiju, etc.

I never saw the packaging for those UK Buck and Twiki bendies before, very cool to see!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎