X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Kenner SSP

Lately, I've gotten on a tear recalling the SSP racing toys (probably from all the recent talk on the similar racing/jumping Evel Knievel reissue). I was one of those kids like in the commercials, racing them with my friends on driveways or across recently mom-polished floors.

I've been nosing around the 'net -- does anyone know of a good resource online for SSP? I'm trying to get an idea on the different cars, variations, when they were out, etc.

Thanks!
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

My fav was always my purple Plymouth Super-Stocker

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
      My fav was always my purple Plymouth Super-Stocker
      Nice.

I had a red and yellow Tigera. I'm sure it and my brother's Evel Knievel played hell on my parents' wood floors.

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

My favorite was the demolition derby set, you could race them or smash them up and then rebuild them.

It came with a pair of ramps too, which often got used with my Evel Knievel toys.
        -M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Treadwell
          Museum Super Collector
          • Dec 31, 2018

I had both racing and smash-up SSPs, played the hell out of them!
          I think I still have ramps and a pull-thing or two somewhere.

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

For anyone interested, here's the first reference site I've come across so far:

SSP is a brand of toy cars from Kenner. Available in a variety of models, each vehicle came with a zip strip which is used to spin a drive wheel. Once spinning, the drive wheel will propel the vehicle at a high speed. Blazer Bike Bonneville Bike Can-Am Racer Dune-Digger Eliminator Laker Special Siamese Slingshot Sidewinder Ski-Baller Tee-Riffic Black Widow Indy Racer Mod Mercer Rail Bird Super Stocker Two Much Cycle Stunt Set Blazer Bike Bonneville Bike Time Trial Set Six Pack Carrying Case Blac

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎