X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Top 13 Robin Action Figures

As part of his 80th anniversary Robin Week, 13th Dimension's Dan Greenfield asked me to compile my list of the Top 13 Robin action figures. I tried to be all inclusive, so there are some newer figures on the list, but the classics shine through!

ROBIN WEEK: Technically, it’s more than 13, but you’ll see what we mean…
    sigpic
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Great list!
    My favourite will always be the Mego Comic Action Heroes version. Partly because it's the first ever Robin figure I ever owned (closely followed by the WGSH one), and partly because I just love the CAH scale and overall design of that line.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Wonderful. I'm also partial to the FTC 66 Robin, but he's kinda a rerun of the 1/6 on your list. I own a few on the list outside of Mego, not a bad one in the bunch IMO.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Wow I own everything on the list. I loved Robin from an early age and have collected the action figures.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
          Great list!
          My favourite will always be the Mego Comic Action Heroes version. Partly because it's the first ever Robin figure I ever owned (closely followed by the WGSH one), and partly because I just love the CAH scale and overall design of that line.

Yep! Comic Action Heroes Robin is actually quite amazing when you think about it.

Multiple plastics and rubber to get the tunic textures right, and if you look reaaaally close, you can see sculpted eyeballs through his mask sockets. They really went for an amazing level of detail for a figure that came out in the early 1970s.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^I will admit, he was on the initial list of about 22 or so figures, but got bumped off. I was trying to include as many other Robins beside Dick as I could, for at least one figure, to be fair to the wider readership of 13th Dimension.

One minor quibble that always bothered me about the CAH and PSH Robin: His lack of sleeves. It was suns out, guns out in Gotham! And Robin was taller than Batman!

I still love mine, and did as a kid.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Great list.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• newlyknighted
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 21, 2010

Love Mego Robin in any scale. I could look at Batman and Robin art, or figures, all day. Great list Chris!
                I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Best list yet. I own six of the ones listed, I'm surprised! Just nabbed 12" Mego non-mag, he's sweeet.

Hon. mention? IMO the Mego 10" Parkdale head sculpt, love it.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^I lumped the 2 large Mego Robins into one spot, because I love them both!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Oh lol. I see him lurking back there now....
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                        Custom Mego Maker
                        • Jun 3, 2007

Aw Yeah ROBIN!!!

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Great list, Robin is such a colorful and popular figure in the mego collectors community, and one of my favorites.
                          I also love the hot toys Robin, it is amazing.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

I love 13th Dimension. Your list is great, Chris. This brightened my day with a lot of colorful toys and eye popping graphics for a great, great, great character.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎