X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Halloween Costumes on eBay this week

Seeing as it's Halloween, I thought I'd change things up and do an "all vintage Halloween Costume" edition. The really good ones seem to pop up this time of year and I've managed to find five I wish I could purchase right now. Let's dig in!

Shogun Warriors Mazinga Costume- I remember a kid in my class had this and I was super jealous. I don't even remember what i was wearing but it wasn't a Shogun Warrior.

Close Encounters Alien Costume- I think a lot of people thought Close Encounters would be the next Star Wars in terms of merchandise, it's a good movie but it just didn't have much appeal to me as a kid.

Atari Asteroids Halloween Costume by Collegeville- This is a favourite here at PlaidStallions because it's just such an oddity. Are you the pilot of that little space ship, nope you're the Asteroid or an old sponge, whatever turns you on baby.

Outer Limits Alien by Ben Cooper- This is before time but I'm very fond of this classic TV show (even it's remake was good) but I can't seem to place what episode this guy is from, I guess it's possible he's an original creation.

1977 King Kong Costume by Ben Cooper- I'm not terribly fond of the movie but I seriously love the merchandise based off it. Case in point this beautiful box and set, so gorgeous!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

The Outer Limits Alien seems to have seriously mismatched eyeholes, which seems weirder to me since it's made on a machine that presumably would punch all eyeholes the same no matter what...

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I have the Ben Cooper Kong playsuit but it comes in a generic box, I so wish the box had artwork like the one above, that's great.

The Shogun one is great too, I wonder if they made the other two from the first wave as well.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

what year did Ben Cooper stop making costumes? Or are they still in production?

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

Love that Shogun Warrior!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡