X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Mego King Kong STRAW???

Do any Mego Muesum members have this straw? It was made late 70's when the Dino de Laurentis(sp?) film was made and it had a little box connected to a straw, Inside the box was kong in between the WTC towers. As you sipped your drink (we only used this straw for chocolate milk, not kool-aid,milk,etc) the box would fill and kong would "climb" the towers. I saw a carded one on ebay a year or so ago but the seller wanted $500.00 (I will not pay $500 for a straw) But I really would like to have this again. Anybody have one or know what they go for?
  • Evel KMego
    Museum Daredevil
    • Apr 26, 2006

Hey, I want one as well. There was one up on Ebay just last week. Moc, very good shape. I was just window shopping though. Not sure what it ended for. Maybe I can look it up for ya. I personally love the Mego King Kong stuff, although most think the movie was bad

Comment

• Evel KMego
      Museum Daredevil
      • Apr 26, 2006

Here ya go......

KING KONG DRINKING STRAW - PACKAGED - MEGO 1976 - eBay (item 120263884962 end time May-26-08 17:33:30 PDT)

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

Thanks Evil kmego, I think I woulda had that one had I seen it. Me and my sister used to totally fight over who got to drink their chocolate milk with this thing, now she doesn't even remember it, strange how some people can get all nostalgic over EVERYTHING and yet a similar aged sibling doesn't even remember let alone understand why somebody would pay good money for something they already owned once.

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

I still have my King Kong straw sitting in my kitchen drawer for over 20 years. I still love this thing though I no longer use it
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎