X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoGeek
    From The Black Lagoon
    • Jun 27, 2001

Brian's Toys buys out Cloud City

For you vintage SW fans out there I just found out Brian's Toys bought out Cloud City.

It seems he was listing the exact same items under both eBay ID's and not a single mention that they are now the same business. As a matter of fact there is no mention of it on either cloudcity.com or brianstoys.com.

VINTAGE STAR WARS CARDED SW BOBA FETT AFA 85 - eBay (item 150246730398 end time May-15-08 10:30:41 PDT)

Star Wars Vintage SW 21-Back-B Boba Fett AFA 85 - eBay (item 350059630458 end time May-22-08 13:53:29 PDT)

The fact that there is no mention of it on either website seems reeeeeal shady to me. I don't know if he is trying to corner the vintage SW market or what.

I refuse to deal with Brian's Toys and his ridiculous prices. I have made a few purchases from Cloud City in the past, their prices at times weren't much better but they did offer the "Best Offer" option so you could usually save a few bucks, which Brian's Toys never did, but I guess I am now done with Cloud City too.

On another note, Ron Wallace who basically ran Cloud City for many years is selling on eBay as wormhole collectibles. I always got quick professional service from Ron.
    ______
    ChArLiE
  • monkey tennis
    "Kiss my face."
    • Jun 8, 2007

I used to buy from Brian's Toys many years ago, But then as you said his
    prices just got to high.
    "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

his prices are outrageous. i dont know how he manage to stay in business?

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I used to buy from Brain's Toys all the time, but then I had an incident many years ago.

I ordered about 10 new MOC Dapol Doctor Who action figures.

They arrived shipped in a box that was way too small to fit them in.

They were all crunched up and jammed in the box to make them fit.

None was salvageable as MOC anymore.

I called and complained .......

I forgot what was exactly said, but I wound up keeping them and swearing i'd never buy from them again... and I haven't.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

that really sucks,because before all this graded stuff got into play.Brians toys use to have some great deals,I remember like 5-7 years ago you could get some great carded Star Wars,Gi joes and He-man figure cheaper then you could on ebay
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎