X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Spotlight: Funko Jaws Reaction Figures

It's been a long time since I did a photo review of a modern toy, this is mainly because I don't buy that many modern toys.

Funko's Jaws line was a break in that drought. I haven't been much into the ReAction stuff as I thought I would be, mostly because the licenses don't appeal but also the figure aesthetic hasn't always been to my liking.

However, the stars lined up pretty swell for this line, it's the perfect license combined with a nice job. More after the jump:

I got my set at Entertainment Earth, if you like what you see and want to order, please use this link. I get a tiny but much appreciated kick back from every purchase.

The chairman of the board is the Shark, if they just made this and not the figures, I'd have been satisfied.

The card art is the poster, so you can't go wrong but the nicer thing is you can pop the characters off the card and totally get who they're supposed to be.

I think Quint is the most popular character in the line, I had to wait to get mine.

There is no boat for the series but my childhood Fisher Price Adventure People boat will fill in for the Orca.

An appearance by Aquaman would have greatly altered the ending to the original film.

Height comparison shot with some figures laying around the office.

The league of 70s icons take down Bruce!For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Not a huge modern toy fan either. But the Jaws and Alien figures are just too cool to pass up.
    Jaws worked so well storyteller wise because of the diversity of the 3 leads that also makes for a good looking collection of figures.
    Love the Pocket Heroes Arthur Curry. He is at the top of my want list.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I just got back from TRU and they have the SDCC blooded Jaws figures just sitting on there shelf for $30.

This set really looks great and I love this photo collection.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

nice.. I got a few from that line..they're a little cheapy side but for the price what can you ask for these days
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Great write up! I really enjoyed the photos. Now I want an Aquaman

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

The shark was surprisingly better than I thought a generic animal would be---so, that's nice. But the three humans? To me, their design simplicity is in direct contradiction to their value in my toy collection. Like many of us hardcore toy collectors, I have hundreds of TV/movie characters in my collection, and within in that seemingly infinite pile of plastic, Funko's ReAction Brody, Hooper and Quint are present at the VERY top.

Much of it has to do with simply having the JAWS license, and making figures---and not the actual toys/toy designs themselves. But Funko's actual acquiring of the JAWS licence, and vintage-style figure renditions deserves a HUGE nod, as do the reviewers spreading the word (kudos: Brian). I believe the more these sell, the more chance there'll be for similar JAWS merch in the future.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

The Funko lines have been fun to notice, but mostly outside my personal taste in figures. I'm very much from that 'dress 'em up generation' that dominated before Star Wars. But this line is undeniable. Bruce is excellent and far more accurate than anything that would have been made in the 70's. And the figures actually resemble the actors even at this limited scale, so I purchased the entire set. It hits all the right tones and is exceptionally fun to look at. A definite homerun for this old collector.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I only got the Universals and Alien series 1 from Funko.
                But these Jaws figures are too cool to say no to.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

I'm not a modern toy fan either, but I gotta say those are really cool! I love the way your Adventure People boat and other 70s guys made an appearance in this post. Which makes me think...can you imagine if these things had come out in the 70s? I think sales would have gone through the roof!
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

They nailed these. For the price point and the nostalgic look, they really captured what Jaws toys may have looked like in the mid 70s.

Seeing your Aquaman reminds me I REALLY need to get me a Pocket Super Heroes version to go along with my CAH one.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

These figures look great.
                      Sammy

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰