X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions Episode 31: Christopher Lee

This month as we lost one of the most iconic character actors to walk this earth in the form of Christopher Lee.

This episode tries to discuss as much as possible about the man and his exhaustive career, the hammer horror days, James Bond, Space:1999, Captain Invincible, Starship Invasions and that time he fought Captain America.

We, of course, digress into a discussion about action figures, Doctor Who, Peter Cushing and much, much more.

Download the Show Here

Listen here

Plenty more content on the PodStallions Facebook page!

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Two of my favorite things: Pod Stallions, and Christopher Lee. Can't wait to hear it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great episode! Lee as the Doctor boggles the mind. Hey, if Cushing could do it...

You two talking about the climax to Horror of Dracula has the pounding music running through my head. Hands down one of my favorite film climaxes ever. Perfect!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Good idea. Can't wait to listen.

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Another great episode...

I'd never heard that Lee was up for "Doctor Who Meets Scratchman," but I know there were often calls for Lee to play a villain on the show. Since the reboot, I know there were plenty of people hoping he might play the Black Guardian.

Christopher Lee's output was amazing, and he is continually excellent, no matter the overall film. I think his work in Rasputin, the Mad Monk is underrated and definitely holds up well.

The New Adventures of Robin Hood was TNT's effort to get into the fantasy genre in the era of Hercules and Xena. While it wasn't exactly a great entry into the Robin Hood mythos, it had some interesting guest stars, including both Lee and Geoffrey Bayldon as wizards.

Well done on the tribute.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Two more things: Being a fan of "Ghost Riders in the Sky" (esp. the Johnny Cash rendition), I was gobsmacked by Lee's version. How cool could this guy have possibly been?

Oh, and Brian, you didn't miss the TCM marathon. It's this Monday, the 21st. I was thinking it was this past Monday too, for some reason.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

Cool, I'll download it this evening and have it at the top of my listening queue for work next Monday.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎