• Man of Action
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 26, 2006

Palitoy Eagle Eye

Cotswold has repro Eagle Eye Action Man..Very Cool for $45.00
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

man I have to say that one looks nice,even though I'm not a big fan of the eagle eye joes
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Very cool! Is there just one figure or do they have a variety? I would love to see a link to the web page that shows them. Great news!

Comment

• Man of Action
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 26, 2006

Here's what he comes with..

Comment

• Man of Action
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 26, 2006

Oh yeah..link... http://www.elitebrigade.com click on 40th Action Man

Comment

• misterdroid
            Banned
            • Jan 10, 2008

I just got an Eagle Eye with the SAS set. The quality of the figure is great. Head and shoulders above any recent hasbro offerings.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
              Museum Super Collector
              • May 18, 2007

I hope Palitoy is doing something to make these reproduction figures and sets distinct from the originals. As a vintage Action Man collector, I am concerned that this could play hell with unscrupulous or ignorant dealers trying to pass these off as originals.
              - Sweep

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Those are cool, but man it looks like Action Man just got his yearly prostate exam!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by Sweep Secondhand
                  I hope Palitoy is doing something to make these reproduction figures and sets distinct from the originals. As a vintage Action Man collector, I am concerned that this could play hell with unscrupulous or ignorant dealers trying to pass these off as originals.
                  I have several of the repro AM sets and I don't think there really is any indication the stuff is repro (like many of the 40th GI Joe items had 40th imprinted on them). So you'd have to be a real knowledgeable collector to be able to tell the difference.

Sean

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

I think these are all made by a private collector (ALAN HALL??) under license after the end of the timless line worldwide mush like the GIJCC does here in the US. There have been reissues of many of the rare AM uniforms now incl the 17st lancers and the footballers. The eagle eye soldier is the base doll for most sets (ala ACtion soldier in the timeless sets)

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • May 18, 2007

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
                      I have several of the repro AM sets and I don't think there really is any indication the stuff is repro (like many of the 40th GI Joe items had 40th imprinted on them). So you'd have to be a real knowledgeable collector to be able to tell the difference.

Sean
                      Wonderful. Always nice to see them stab vintage collectors in the back while trying to make a buck!
                      - Sweep

Comment

• misterdroid
                        Banned
                        • Jan 10, 2008

While it is true that these items are not clearly repro-marked as Hasbro has done, they are pretty easy to tell apart. I have yet to get a set that makes me think "wow! exactly like vintage!" The materials have a much more "modern" feel to them, especially the plastics. If you are a AM collector, you will have no problem whatsoever.

Comment

• Sowth
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 14, 2006

It's the same as all the repro Mego stuff though, it may not be difficult to tell them apart in person, but it's hard to do so via a fuzzy ebay photo. I haven't bought any loose vintage 12" AM or Joe on ebay since all the anniversary stuff started coming out, if I can't be sure of what I'm buying i just won't bother with it.

A mate found this for me the other day in the real world, an unused Toltoys eagle eye sharpshooter.

Cheers!
                          Will
                          Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Man of Action
                            Cotswold has repro Eagle Eye Action Man..Very Cool for $45.00
                            http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ino/snow_4.jpg
                            Isn't that a G.I. Joe Adventure Team uniform and dog tag?
                            Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

I've recently purchased 4 Nostalgic Action Man pieces. I went with the replica of the original AM Action Soldier, the AM Adventurer (brown hair & beard, white turtleneck, blue jeans, tan boots), AM Soldier (green commando sweater, black beret, green fatigue pants, black boots, gripping hands; see Sowth's picture), and the AM Adventurer (brown hair & beard, blue turtleneck, blue jeans, black boots, gripping hands) with Polar Explorer 40th Anniverary accessory set. Apparently the AM Adventurer is from the 40th Anniversary Base Camp accessory set and the Soldier is from the 40th Anniversary Royal Horse Guards accessory set. Cotswold Collectibles does sell the boxed Action Man figures separately from the 40th Anniversary sets.

I was never a fan of Eagle Eye G.I. Joe so I won't be picking up the Action Man version. I am eyeing the Action Man Commander even though I was never a fan of the talkers.
                              Last edited by Action Martin; Mar 29, '08, 6:58 AM.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎