X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

Star Trek Communicators

Did anyone have these as a kid? I remember really wanting them, they looked so cool.

1976 MEGO STAR TREK WALKIE TALKIE COMMUNICATORS SET - eBay (item 200208717891 end time Mar-22-08 19:28:00 PDT)
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I think I did. Those were the ones with the button to send out messages in Morse code,right? If so,imagine a five year old who didn't know the first thing about Morse code trying to send messages with it and you'll have a general idea of how well I was able to use them.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
      Museum Super Collector
      • May 18, 2007

I just bought a working set of these at a show a few months ago. I never had them as a kid but thought they looked awesom in the commercials. They make a high pitched squeal that is supposed to be the Enterprise contacting you and then the cover pops open. They have a very limited range and the sound isn't great but they are cool. I think I paid around $40 for my set but they were part of a big lot so it's hard to be exact.
      - Sweep

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

I have some now, but they need to be fixed. When they finally are, I'll bet Zachary will get a kick out of them.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• wyldpny
          Star Trek Mego Customizer
          • Jan 29, 2008

They can do both. A set of communicators can send morse code or be used like a set of walkie talkies. Mego also produced the communications console which usually ended up being used like a home base in conjunction with the communicators. It could also send morse code or communicate like a walkie talkie.
          Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
          Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
          Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎