X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Need Kenner Super Powers help.

I used to have the entire set of Super Powers toys as a kid but I unfortunately had to sell them many years ago when my family moved across country. I've been meaning to re-collect them for some time now.

I personally think Kenner really out did themselves on the line and the Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez art of the figures are still the best versions of the characters (non-Mego of course) ever made into action figures.

To start with I'd like to pick up the series 1 figures, vehicles and the Hall of Justice. Any advice and or what kind of price ranges I can expect for replacing the set, NM complete loose or on the small cards? The prices on ebay seem to be all over the place. The only figure I still have is Wonder Woman.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • supercrazy
    Banned
    • Oct 3, 2006

Prices seem to be varying alot these days. About a few weeks ago. A small carded batman sold for over 150.00. That really sucks. Some are still cheap. I do have a martian manhunter and a red tornado. They are in near mint condition. The only thing is red tornadoes cape is faded somewhat but there is no paint loss. I will sell both of them to you for 20.00 plus 5.00 for shipping. I really don't like to buy loose ones. The red tornado was carded but I guess he was left in some light and thus the faded cape. Carded ones can set you back a little but at least you can open them if you want. Well hope this helps. Take Care. Oh I do have one of the hardest to find. I have a loose very mint cyborg that I took off a damaged card. He is beautiful. This is one figure that will set you back. I will take 75.00 for him or best offer. Let me know.
    Last edited by supercrazy; Mar 14, '08, 2:22 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I collect these off, & on.. I try to get at least 1 a yr these days, moc with no hole Punch On the full art card.

I think for the most part if your looking for these figures like this, Be Patient. Most can be had at around 50to60 bucks. Figures Like Kalabak,.. I picked him up for 22 shipped. I think I only Paid 30 for my Flash.. But I have been re-collecting these for a few yrs now.. Batman does seem to command a bit more these days closer to if not over 100 bucks & sometimes close to 150,.. but that could be bidding wars too. Green Arrow, Aquaman & Green Lantern are a bit harder to find MOC With full art & no Hole Punch,.. & go for around 100 bucks.. Ofcourse the last series of figures, Shazam, Cyborg , Plasticman ,Mr Miracle , & Samuri are a bit more spendy. 150to250. & Don't forget about the Argentenia/Mexican Riddler..., Inwhich is a Green Lantern Repaint, but he does look very cool & is out there too. Just my 2 cents, Happy Hunting.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• grayhank
        That Fisher Price Guy
        • Feb 9, 2007

You can find loose ones relatively cheap on Ebay. I bought a lot of like 20 of them for around $17.00.
        Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• RG
          Removed.
          • Oct 1, 2004

There are a few guys over at Toytraderz.com that collect these pretty heavy. They may have extras for sale and/or know a good source to get some besides ebay.

Very cool figures ... I've picked up a few myself

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

supercrazy

Thank you for the offer but I am only focusing on the series one stuff right now and see how that goes.

BlackKnight

Wow! You sound like a real high end collector. You must have some really sweet carded figures. I'm only looking to get a mint loose set for display. Like picking up small card, damaged card or baggy figures to open.

grayhank and RussG

Thanks for the info.

Much appreciated everyone.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf

BlackKnight

Wow! You sound like a real high end collector. You must have some really sweet carded figures. I'm only looking to get a mint loose set for display. Like picking up small card, damaged card or baggy figures to open.

No,.. No,.. Wrong Label for this guy.
              I only pick up 1 or 2 a yr,.. & Only Have about 10 of them now. I just follow them,.. They Just mean alot to me,.. because when I had them, they came at a time in my life where I really Respected my toys,.. & They were my favorite,.. next to the 7 Mego's I had.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

If you want loose be sure to always ask to see the back of a superman's cape. His Yellow S was infamous for ruboffs and the Toybiz one was open (yellow s outline with red cape show through) Even loose the batmobile is a big price item becuase it's the nicest one ever made in 4" scale. i haven't priced any in a while as I finished my set years ago (my lsat item took me 15 years to get the rare Colomiban EL CAPITAN REY) but I am a loose collector

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Here's My Batman }

My flash really hurts the colors. He is much more Brighter & Beautiful. This is My Favorite Figure & Card Art as well.

What Really also makes this figure Great was the Comicbook. Where Joker Turns the Gotham Towns folk into Joker Zombies,. & Batman with the Batmobile has to save the Day,.. Then at the end Aquaman Lends a hand, & a Octupus in Stopping the Joker. Man, what a Fantastic Mini Story ! In the Hawkman Book,.. Hawkman Teams up With Batman to take down the Penguin & his army of Birds.. That was great too.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                    Here's My Batman }
                    Your Batman is awesome. Looks case fresh.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      Here's My Batman }

My flash really hurts the colors. He is much more Brighter & Beautiful. This is My Favorite Figure & Card Art as well.

What Really also makes this figure Great was the Comicbook. Where Joker Turns the Gotham Towns folk into Joker Zombies,. & Batman with the Batmobile has to save the Day,.. Then at the end Aquaman Lends a hand, & a Octupus in Stopping the Joker. Man, what a Fantastic Mini Story ! In the Hawkman Book,.. Hawkman Teams up With Batman to take down the Penguin & his army of Birds.. That was great too.
                      That Batman is sweet I still have my Originals just missing a few but never really looked into getting the ones i'm missing.....I think it's not too hard to get the first wave it's the later ones that will be a little rough.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I have a complete set loose and Cyborg and Mantis MOCs. I plan to work on the rest MOC later on. This is my favorite line from the 80's after I had "out grown" toys. Sweet MOC Batman. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Mint on American cards.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

God, I loved the Super Powers line! The first wave was especially great.

- Ian
                          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎