Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOYFINITY Presents: The Return of the Greatest Villain from ALL of the 70's Space Fra

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

TOYFINITY Presents: The Return of the Greatest Villain from ALL of the 70's Space Fra

For immediate release - April 1st, GROVERS MILL NJ -

Somber. Powerful. A grim-masked menace that strikes terror into the bravest heart. A perfect bad guy for long hours of imagination and excitement. - Ideal Toys Catalog 1978 So read the official description of the awesomest bad guy from the greatest space franchise in the 1970's, Ideal Toys' SPACE TRAVEL AND RECONNAISSANCE (S.T.A.R.) TEAM™ - THE KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™. And now, HE'S BACK.

Originally created by a nameless Ideal executive in the late 70's as a way to revive the long-dormant IDEAL'S ZEROIDS WORKER ROBOTS OF THE FUTURE™ franchise and their own SPACE TRAVEL AND RECONNAISSANCE (S.T.A.R.) TEAM™ franchise of the early 70's, Ideal Toys' SPACE TRAVEL AND RECONNAISSANCE (S.T.A.R.) TEAM™ was a completely original concept revived by Ideal because they knew kids of 1978 were dying for some awesome space-based action figures for some reason.

With impeccable sculpting prowess, THE KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™ was formed from the imagination of one of the artisans of Ideal Toys to provide the key figure in the franchise which the heroic ZEM-21™and ZEROID SCOUTS™ could battle in endless original adventures throughout a child's imagination. Along with their human friend KENT AND HIS COSMIC CRUISER™ and their S.T.A.R. TEAM SPACE HAWK™, ZEM-21™ and the ZEROID SCOUTS™ battled THE KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™. His magnificent black and silver uniform encased THE KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™ in a cloud of mystery, as his futuristic weapon cut a path through the toy shelves of the time, destroying all the cyborg and military heroes that were his competition in the 12-inch action figure market. But THE KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™ had one problem - he was just too evil and imposing for the children of the time, who had never seen such an evil and imposing character in any medium ever. He's just so evil and imposing and dark and knight-ish.

So after only one series, Ideal Toys' SPACE TRAVEL AND RECONNAISSANCE (S.T.A.R.) TEAM™ disappeared from the shelves, never to return. Or so everyone thought.

Now, after multiple years of complex legal matters, Toyfinity Toys has removed Ideal Toys' SPACE TRAVEL AND RECONNAISSANCE (S.T.A.R.) TEAM™ from the scrapheap of toy history and they will now be part of the revamped ROBO FORCE™ franchise. Toyfinity CEO and Owner John Kent said, when reached at his new mansion in Grovers Mill, NJ, "I couldn't be happier with the acquisition of Ideal Toys' SPACE TRAVEL AND RECONNAISSANCE (S.T.A.R.) TEAM™, which will now be known as ROBO FORCE'S SPACE TEAM™. I mean, Starriors wasn't available and I wasn't paying six more figures for the rights to MANTECH™ and STARCOMM™, so this was the next best thing, I guess. At least until we finish up the DOCTOR DETROIT™ license."

To mark the occasion, Toyfinity Toys has prepared a special piece of artwork showing ROBO FORCE'S THE KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™ dispatching some type of robotic entities and reclaiming his territory on collectors' shelves, in a piece done by Robby Musso, acclaimed artist who has worked on many, many comic book projects. Additionally, ROBO FORCE'S ZEM-21™ and ROBO FORCE'S SCOUTS OF ZETON™ will appear in an all-new ROBO FORCE'S SPACE TEAM™ comic book on Toyfinity.com to continue their adventures in the cosmos later in 2014.

The very first ROBO FORCE'S THE KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™ action figure will appear later in 2014 utilizing the revolutionary GYLOS™ System from Onell Design , with ROBO FORCE'S ZEM-21™ to appear in 2015, maybe. ROBO FORCE'S KNIGHT OF DARKNESS™ - dare you add him to your shelves? Your other toys will be terrified as #DARKNESSFALLS. About Toyfinity Toys, LLC Toyfinity Toys, LLC is a New Jersey-based toy company who legally acquires the rights to old franchises and then makes new toys from them.

Buy some at Toyfinity.com. Trademarks are legal right and property of the various companies that own or owned them, copyright the years they were valid. No one reads these sections anyway, right?
    Special thanks to PlaidStallions.com for their scans of the Ideal 1978 Catalog.For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Neat glad to see some cool old timers making a comeback... I do hope they branch out from GLYOs though... it's cool, just not my thing...

Dave

Comment

• mightyquinn
      Proud to be a Nerd
      • Aug 4, 2009

Oh yea, my new background! Perfect rendering of the Knight.
      Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Grover's Mill, eh?
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

John Kent no less.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

Very cool. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Grovers Mill NJ huh?
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Megotu
                jerk
                • Dec 16, 2001

Hear them Martians just about wrecked Grover's Mill back in '39. Glad to see some jobs coming back. All's welles that ends welles I always say.
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

The press release is meant to read like it's a prank, despite that, I have been assured this is totally legit.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I never knew about the KOD until the late 80s, but I loved those Max Steele Robo Force figures. If they are making some kind of comeback (for real) that is a good thing.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 10, 2004

Toyfinity have already released several waves of the robo force figures. They are pretty Awesome and have been an Instant online sell out every time. They have also released multiple waves of the mordles from rocks bugs and things. these guys have really been doing things right. Even if you're not into the building aspect of glyos, these figures stand up well by themselves. Since the parts can be reconfigured, you can make multiple robo force figures out of the parts. Artwork looks great on the k.O.D. as well IMO.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

I literally just cleaned up my KoD last night and have him on my dresser. He's about as loose as a figure can get and still sort of stand and he's not mint but he's mine. I'd like to find a nicer one at some point complete with his pistol, but this will do for now. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out and what scale (didn't read deep enough into the poorly written press release).
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                          The press release is meant to read like it's a prank, despite that, I have been assured this is totally legit.
                          Wait, it's for real?!?

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

If it's legit, then YAY! I love my KOD. Literally was my first "Star Wars" toy. Great artwork, too!
                            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I have mixed feelings on this. Happy that Knight of Darkness is returning but disappointed it will be another GLYOs style online exclusive. Would have been super cool as updated 12 inch doll or reissue of the classic toy.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎