Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't you hate it when a beloved old toy wears out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Don't you hate it when a beloved old toy wears out?

Last night my old Kenner X-Wing stopped making its wonderfully iconic, yet annoying to 70s and 80s parents, screeching sound. Still lights up but the motor that drives the sound finally stopped working. That old ship had seen many a heroic battle against the Empire over the years.

It still sits proudly on my shelf but it is a little sad it will never make that noise again. Here's to you old ship.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I've had a few of my battery operated dolls give up the ghost as well. They worked when I got them, but they don't anymore. It may have something to do w/ the temperature. I don't leave my heat on at night, and that toyroom gets awfully cold. I know I'm supposed to turn on my toys and work them at least once a month, but y'know, you get busy and just forget. One month turns into 2, then 3, and by the time you remember, it's too late.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by HardyGirl
      I've had a few of my battery operated dolls give up the ghost as well.
      Bummer, sorry to hear that.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎