X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

What the heck is a YAK FACE ?

Can some one please tell me what a YAK FACE is? I know it's a vintage STAR WARS figure but what's so great about him? I have a friend who is heavy into star wars and for the past year has been on a tear buying MOC vintage STAR WAR figures, he called today bouncing off the walls about buying a YAK FACE MOC as i never collected STAR WAR figures someone please tell what the heck he's talking about
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

He's only the rarest and most valuable SW figure behind the plastic cape Jawa.He belongs to the 85 POTF set which were the last 17 figures released.On a tri-logo card he goes for about $500-$1000 and on a POTF card anywhere from $2500-$6000+ and loose about $100-$200,it's the only SW figure I've never owned
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Megosean
      Old School Megoer
      • Jun 2, 2007

You can snag him on the UK Ebay site cheaper...just a hint.
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Last-17-yak-fa...QQcmdZViewItem
      I have way, way, way too many toys.
      http://www.toysyouhad.com

Comment

• MegoNinja
        Career Member
        • Feb 7, 2007

Yak Face is stupid, it is a lame looking figure which I never plan on owning. I don't get why people call it 'rare' when on eBay right now you can find it easily. I see him all the time at collectible stores and what not. People seem to heavily exaggerate on how hard he is to find.
        I the Monster Hero

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
          Yak Face is stupid, it is a lame looking figure which I never plan on owning. I don't get why people call it 'rare' when on eBay right now you can find it easily. I see him all the time at collectible stores and what not. People seem to heavily exaggerate on how hard he is to find.
          He wasn't available in the US,I think it was only Canada and then when the tri-logos came out they started shipping them over seas,so in the USA he is hard to find,and he would'nt be selling for over $100 loose if he wasn't somewhat rare

Comment

• RG
            Removed.
            • Oct 1, 2004

really he's more common to find loose and mint than 1/4 of the last 17 vintage star wars figures, but because he wasn't sold in the US (the place with the largest population of Star Wars collectors) there's a false since of rarity with him.

He was mostly sold in Europe (on tri-logo card backs) and Australlia (both Tri-logo and POTF card backs) and a few tri Logos made it to Canada, but all the POTF MOC's of him have come from Australlia.

I know people in Germany who won't pay more than $50 to $60 USD for mint loose ones.

He can be tought to get MOC and on a POTF card in the right condition his price really shoots up.

One thing that's funny is from time to time he'll show up in auctions or at flea markets being sold under the name of Joe Camel. I wish I could be lucky and snag one listed funny becasue I don't want to pay much for him lol

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

The one time I got lucky on ebay i got him for $65 buy it now and the guy jipped me and never sent it I got the money back from Paypal..but still lost the deal

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 10, 2006

Thanks for the info guys, I now see why Jay is bouncing off the walls , Just a quick question i was under the impression that the rocket firing BOBBA FETT was the rarest one
                Last edited by Bionic Joe; Mar 1, '08, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                  Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                  • Oct 8, 2007

I have friends that swear that their friend had one, but have yet to see one in action. RF bobafett, that is. I had a star wars insider a while back that said it never got past the prototype stage. Anybody have one, or actually seen one??? Bopbafett was my favorite, before Lucas made him dance and ruined the whole series with the $%!@ prequel episodes.
                  "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• The Sentry
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 3, 2007

I have seen a Yakface before, (like you toys, he's the only one I didn't have from the Star Wars line) I hear about this RF Boba fett, but besides the "prototype" Boba is the only one I've seen in pics. Actually, from what Sansweet said, only a very few made it out after the B-Star Galactica incident with the viper and the little boy that died whilst choking on a rocket. (In a past issue of Toy Fare it was considered the most controversial toy IN HISTORY. See here http://theswca.com/textf/toydeath.html ) so I haven't ever seen one up close. I have heard of the Gold Dath Vader collectors case, but I haven't heard of anyone who has sold, or owned a RF Boba that I would trust, I gotta see pics of that to belive that. I can't believe that Mattel is trying to discourage "The Wonder Bread Ha-Man" fact, now I HAVE seen one of those.
                    I used to work at a vintage toy store and by God I saw that and knew what that was. I was FLOORED! So if have someone has a RFBF PLEASE POST SOME PICS! Someone with one BESIDES Steve Sansweet please.
                    sigpic
                    http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spockfan74
                      Thanks for the info guys, I now see why Jay is bouncing off the walls , Just a quick question i was under the impression that the rocket firing BOBBA FETT was the rarest one
                      They don't really count him as part of the line since there's only like 3 in existence,most are fakes and if you do find one it goes for like $20k

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

The really hard to find ones are what's called the double telescoping lightsabers. Luke is the easiest to find since he came that way in the Early Bird package.The Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi ones are pretty rare carded.

Comment

• monkey tennis
                          "Kiss my face."
                          • Jun 8, 2007

A Yakk Face is the face you make when you Yakk
                          or Call Ralph and Huey,
                          Throw- Up or Vomit.
                          As far as I know.
                          "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Sowth
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 14, 2006

The rocket firing Boba Fett was never, ever released at retail. There are a few dozen in various stages of pre-production in collector's hands.

Yak Face was released on a 1985 Power of the Force bi-logo Canadian style card, but distributed primarily in Australia. He was also released in Europe with no coin on "Tri-Logo" style cards. Same goes for Anakin Skywalker on a POTf card.

The double telescoping Darth & Ben are very tough, Luke not so much. That's loose though, any of them MOC is a real find.

At-At Driver , Nikto and Gamorrean Guard were only released on POTF cards in Australia, which is why they are referred to sometimes as the Aussie POTF figures.

There are some rare Star Wars production MOCs out there, including the Aussie 'Toltoys' Vinyl Cape Jawa on an Empire Strikes Back card (Two complete examples known, plus one on a cut card) or the Harbert ESB Fett (one example currently known).

This new blog has some cool rare Star Wars stuff, including a shot of nine "Rocket-Fetts' together: 9 holy grails

Cheers,
                            Will
                            Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Strange how that doesn't have the Vlix from Droids listed or the Canadian General Veers.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎