X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Need some Vintage Star Wars lessons...

Next week will be a working vacation for me and started a little early. Trying to get things in order to start selling some stuff I've had for the better part of almost 20 years. Found a Boxed Landspeeder. Still has the insert and the thing has looked like it was never played with. Stickers were applied, and well done on the kid that applied them, but other than that it looks pretty close to as new as the day it came out. I was doing some research on Ebay with sold listings and came across this one:

What does the "RARE NO LP BOX LOGO" mean? And is this an indication of how much the Landspeeders go for. Also, the boxed one I have has a '77 and '79 Copyright on it. I will try to get a pic of the boxed Landspeeder. This is the only vintage Star Wars Boxed item I have ever had. Never was a Star Wars collector. Thanks for any help I can get on this.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

The LP logo stands for long playing toy. It was on some of the early vehicles, but was dropped after 1979.
    Last edited by rche; Aug 27, '13, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

The LP stood for Long Play and Kenner had those on the original issue Star Wars boxes such as the 1978 Landspeeder. Later issues would be missing that logo.

Here's a picture of one with it.

Value wise, I'm not real sure, that seems high to me.

Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Thanks for the info guys. I'm assuming that the LP's are more common because they were first run sales until '79 and that the non LP logo ones had lower production runs because the craze started to die down. I was going through more of the sold auctions on Land Speeders and it looks like the prices are all over the place. The auction I posted may have been a freak thing. Still learning about Star Wars Vintage stuff. Passed on a lot of this stuff when I first started collecting and doing shows.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎