X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Yep, this happened

If you're like me, you wake up most mornings wondering "Did i dream a show about a hyper intelligent monkey that works in Washington or was that a thing?"

Well, my answer comes in the form of this brilliant, meaningless rack toy from the good people at Ja-Ru. You see, there are no online tribute sites for Mr Smith (don't prove me wrong), nor is there ever hope of a deluxe DVD boxed set, this piece of merchandise truly is, one of the few shreds of evidence that this was a thing.

Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings is a limited edition 144 page book from the creator of Plaid Stallions. Order from us and get three free promotional post cards.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

When I saw this in your Rack Toys book, I was suddenly smacked with some deeply repressed memories of this show. I didn't recall much, other than it was Clyde from the "Any Which Way" films in a business suit.

Rack Toys should be used by psychologists to dig deeper into the human psyche....

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I think rack toys go a long way in demonstrating how much the average kid relied upon his or her own imagination to have a good time. Is it any wonder Mego started out as a rack toy company?

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Wow, I generally think of myself as pretty informed about useless information but I have no memory of this show. And this is why Rack Toys was the cultural record that mankind could not live without.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• spacecaps
          Second Mouse
          • Aug 24, 2011

If your unfamiliar with the premise of this show, read this!

Herein are just a few of the ugly bastard progeny that the unholy union of sitcom writers and head trauma victims produced over the years.
          "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I didn't recall much, other than it was Clyde from the "Any Which Way" films in a business suit.

Chris
            Not sure if this is true but I heard he was abused and killed by his owner

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yikes. If so, that is awful.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

I do believe I saw this when it aired. That racktoy I had in one form or another as well. I actually used that wallet for awhile as a kid.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Perhaps this was supposed to be a "monkey set" but there was some kind of miscommunication at Ja-Ru, because that is the only thing I can think of that might explain the existence of this toy.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎