X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

When do you reach too much?

So a new customer asked me to pull out some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures. He's just starting and wants some complete loose figures to add to his collection. Complete figure sales had slowed so I've only been showing the loose incomplete ones lately. So I started pulling out the boxes. Some I had, some have come in bits and pieces from collection purchases over the last 6 months or so. It was like the bread and wine at the last supper. It just didn't stop. This is where I was when I finally reached what I believe is the end. It really does pile up when you stop paying attention. I think he may be a bit overwhelmed. I know I was.

tmnt.jpg
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

holy crap

speaking of which 2 days ago i found 5 carded ones at a thrift for about $12
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I am interested in rebuilding my childhood collection at some point.

Might shoot you a list.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Den82
        Career Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

Loose incomplete ones are tough sells, at least in my experience. I had BIG lots sell for nothing on eBay.

I finally found the original turtles from the first series in good enough condition to keep, but I have weapons/accessories with the exception of one. I had thousands over the last few years and got rid of them.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Den82
          Loose incomplete ones are tough sells, at least in my experience.
          I found the opposite where I am. When the new cartoon hit, I had a ton of kids, coming through, that wanted ones to play with more than collect. I still sell the complete collectible pieces but having an outlet for the incomplete and scratched pieces has been an advantage. MOTU the same way. I've had many of the original TMNT softheads complete. They sell well and quickly when I can get them in nice shape. The stars seem to be the hardest accessory to locate on a regular basis. I buy a lot of big lots on ebay for stock when I find them cheap enough. There are a number of deals there at times. Like all 80's and 90's toys accessories are where all the money is.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎