Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic 3 3/4 Tomlands Starroid Raiders/Space Raiders/Space Fighters/Space People

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Classic 3 3/4 Tomlands Starroid Raiders/Space Raiders/Space Fighters/Space People

Man I love these guys... I had these as a kid along with Arco Space War/Play Kid figures and I am just getting back into them... They are just awesome! These are what your Grandparents(the clueless ones, not the good ones) or Aunts and Uncles would bring instead of StarWars figures... these were so "also ran" I love it! It just boggles my mind, that they were so good for knock offs! I lOOOOOVE these guys... anybody else gots love for some 3 3/4 Tomlands?!

Dave
    Last edited by David Lee; Apr 18, '13, 4:44 PM.
  • MightyMegs
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 5, 2009

I saw the cases everywhere... but this is the first time I knew there were actual figures to go in them.

Comment

• David Lee
      The Fix-it-up Chappie
      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by MightyMegs
      I saw the cases everywhere... but this is the first time I knew there were actual figures to go in them.
      This was just my KO backdrop... they are not related, except tangentially in the world of Blatant Star Wars Knock Offs But it's funny how some of the art work looks like the Tomland sculpts!

Dave

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

I never had these as a kid, nor did I know they existed as a kid. I'm considering collecting these, but they're expensive- at least on ebay.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Ok, so why did the light blue guy on the far left get a different body and legs from the rest of them?
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Nice collection. I wasn't even aware of these as a child. Never saw them.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I had tons of them. They were cheap and readily available when I was a kid. (Especially the glow ones.) The 8" ones were tougher to find. One of the things I currently have in the works are 8" scaled heads for the characters they only made in 3.5" scale.

Don C.

Comment

• Red Hulk
                Career Member
                • Dec 19, 2012

I never saw these before but that case looks a lot like the one I had as a kid.

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                  Ok, so why did the light blue guy on the far left get a different body and legs from the rest of them?
                  There were several with that body style... they seem to be tougher to find, and I only have
                  YASU

http://www.toymania.com/334archives/tomland/haza.htm
                  http://www.toymania.com/334archives/tomland/koga.htm
                  http://www.toymania.com/334archives/tomland/toko.htm

Dave

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

don't recall seeing these as a kid, but I think they are great. I am especially fond of the glow items.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                      That 80's guy
                      • Jul 27, 2011

Didnt see these as a kid but they look great. Tomland made some of the best knockoffs. These would have been fun to play along with a Star Wars collection.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

I never saw these guys as a kid either, the only Tomland I ever saw or had was the 8" Cyclops. The head sculpts of the two blue guys on the left looks very similar to the Japanese robot Mach Baron, I'd doubt that it's just a coincidence.

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

I had a bunch of these I used them as extra aliens in my star wars and micronaut universe

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎