X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Endangered Animals by Revell

I miss the days of figure model kits being easy to find, now it seems that hobby stores on the endangered species list. I try to put together at least a couple of kits a year with my kids
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I loves me some figure model kits.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Those were neat kits. They still pop up every so often, but they're a little spendy for someone like me who'd build them. There's a panther, too. I don't know the timeline; but I suspect these four were the first and released at the same time 'cos you always see them in the ads. There was also a giant box set that contained all four. I had it as a kid.

It took me a while to realize they weren't Aurora kits. They're very reminiscent of the Prehistoric Scenes models. Confounding the problem; Aurora made wildlife kits too.... but theirs were glue, not snap. I have vivid memories of those as a kid too. Mostly that I painted the snouts on the bears gold.

>now it seems that hobby stores on the endangered species list

Good segueway. We have one really good one here in Windsor; Windsor Hobboes. They've been around forever. (I've been going since I was 7 or so.) Model kits are kinda like comic books these days; there's TONS of absolutely awesome stuff out there, readily available, modern and classic.... but the distribution lines are kinda askance so's you gotta go looking a bit. Lots of good places online. (I got the new Dencom Monster Scenes kits from a place called Mega Hobby. Low prices, no hassles at the border, reasonable postage.)

Don C.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, I had totally forgotten about those models. Now I remember really wanting the Komodo Dragon one.

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

I always loved this line.
          Remember getting the panther for one of my birthdays either in 74 or 75.
          I now have 2 komodo dragons (neither with the monkey :( )
          And I have an almost complete panter a partial gorilla, condor, and polar bear.
          Sold off the rhino I had as it just didn't do anything for me.

Here is a great link for those interested.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎