Any Other Captain Action collectors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james
    • Jul 1, 2008

Theres an original CA in rare purple uniform ending on ebay in just under two hours , i thought it was a phantom uniform at first being purple but research showed me the 1966 issue was very briefly in a purple uniform.Apparantly very rare still in its box.

Comment

• classicplastick
      • Jan 22, 2008

Don't shoot me but...

...I'm primarily a Captain Action collector! >gasp< No, not a major player but I've managed to gather most of the original outfits, most on original figures. And one fine day I'll find that Silver Streak and/or a Dr. Evil sanctuary at somebody's yard sale or estate auction, cheap! Dirt cheap, I hope! Buh-wahh-hahahahahahah!!!
      sigpic
      Wes
      Classic Plastick

Comment

• Joe90
        Most Special Agent
        • Feb 23, 2008

I've got the entire run of the Playing Mantis version. Only a Batman 'tard, some boots and a helmet in vintage. I traded my vintage Captain Action for GI Joe stuff in the early 1990's...

I wouldn't mind coming across some mint figures for less than nothing, but until then I must content myself with the reproductions.

I just wish DC would bring back the Captain!
        90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• hawkmike
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2003

i did my first custom work for ca,couple of katos long before playing mantis and my first ca for myself was jon sable freelance using a flash gordon head, all i have left of the original stuff is a complete set of mask and the pm sets.
          wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• david_b
            Never had enough toys..
            • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by highquality
            I've had several complete Captain Action figures at one time or another. I still miss my Robin figure. He was something special.

Had a really nice Captain America once too. He looks pretty Badass with his long gun.

One day, when I finish my WGSH and POTA collections, I may venture back into the realm of CA. Maybe this time I'll be more careful. Those accessories are fragile and you'd cringe to know the ones I've broken.
            To this day.. I STILL don't understand how so many of my C/A parts (Aquaman spear, thin belt buckles, etc..) SURVIVED my childhood, but they did..

I must have been a tender, meticulous kid..

The Action Boy sets were always my favorite.

Anyhow, I had a few as a kid, but never Batman, Robin and Spiderman, which I ALWAYS wanted. Drove my mom crazy until the 1st issue Megos came out..

Robin, Captain America, and Aqualad were my favorites, and I repurchased/upgraded my complete sets to C9 condition. A decade ago I had nearly completed my Spiderman set, and a few other sets, but I sold them off a few years back for other items.

Cap and Robin are still my favorites!

It's nice to say I had 'em at one point.

david_b
            Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• david_b
              Never had enough toys..
              • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by classicplastick
              ...I'm primarily a Captain Action collector! >gasp< No, not a major player but I've managed to gather most of the original outfits, most on original figures. And one fine day I'll find that Silver Streak and/or a Dr. Evil sanctuary at somebody's yard sale or estate auction, cheap! Dirt cheap, I hope! Buh-wahh-hahahahahahah!!!
              WES..!! Glad to see you joined.

EVERYONE.. If you need the BEST in reproduction C/A and A/B gloves, capes, etc., just visit Wes's site. He's the all-time BEST..

david_b

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by david_b
                WES..!! Glad to see you joined.

EVERYONE.. If you need the BEST in reproduction C/A and A/B gloves, capes, etc., just visit Wes's site. He's the all-time BEST..

david_b
                Can you post the address please David?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I have been dabbling in CA this year, picked up Superman's uniform, Captain america and Mask, flash Gordon and Mask, Phantom and Hood. I still need Supes mask, the face piece to Phantom's mask, Caps boots, belt, guns and shield and Flash gordons boots.

I have a few other odds and ends as extras or incomplete sets, Lone Ranger, couple phantom suits and supes suits, which I can either complete or sell/trade as needed. some of them are pretty rough though

Comment

• david_b
                    Never had enough toys..
                    • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
                    Can you post the address please David?
                    I'll let Wes himself post his site. He's made the BEST gloves you'd ever want to own.

I'm on a military computer for the next 309 days, so there's only so many non-government sites I can get to.

'Heck, I'm surprised I can reach this one.....?!?

david_b

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Wes is a great guy! Very talented! Here's his site: Classic Plastick
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

Captain Action was just a page in my toy guides for the longest time. When they did the reissues I liked the hands but the shoulder popping out of joint was unforgivable.

I know this might sound like sacrilige but I saw the communicator helmet on ebay and it was AMAZING! I'm actually really interested in the NON superhero gear. I also saw the Jetpack whicjh looked just like the REAL one I saw on Fall Guy as a kid.

I like Captain Action because it fits GI Joe. A reissue would be nice . I see he has his own comic now.

Does the Castaway Action Phantom and enemy have removable masks? I love the grey one.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                          Wes is a great guy! Very talented! Here's his site: Classic Plastick
                          Thanks Anthony!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Not a collector, but a big fan nonetheless. Just say "Capt. Action" and you got my attention! It was the Batman costume that first got my interest in this toy.
                            As valuable as it is, let's just take a moment to laugh...."Aurora Capt. Action model kit".

Comment

• classicplastick
                              • Jan 22, 2008

Thanks, David and Anthony, for pluggin' my humble efforts. Yeah, Mego covered all the bases but Cap was first and >sniff< first in my childlike heart...! Gotta love his gawky face and extra long arms. Whatta guy!
                              sigpic
                              Wes
                              Classic Plastick

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by classicplastick
                                Thanks, David and Anthony, for pluggin' my humble efforts. Yeah, Mego covered all the bases but Cap was first and >sniff< first in my childlike heart...! Gotta love his gawky face and extra long arms. Whatta guy!
                                Great looking Batman Wes! Is that a one-time custom or do you sale him complete or in parts? That's an investment I would be interested in.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎