Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

A temporary solution for anyone dealing with a loss.

WARNING: May cause headaches and some dizziness.

Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

I used to have problems with fleamarket sellers. Always price over condition. They'd try to sell used beat stuff as if it were mint. On my end it was never getting an item at a super low price. It was more getting it for a fair price. I mean who wants to walk away with an item, realizing you paid 3x what its worth. Worse what if several days later you find one on ebay for 1/3 what you paid (And that includes the shipping fees).
      Personally. I would have examined his stuff and just pointed out every flaw or wear it had. Whats missing, Playwear and imperfections due to improper storage and handling. Making sure I said it all load enough to be heard by everyone.
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Big Jim of Georgia
        • Jan 21, 2011

I have had that type of situation at moving/estate sales. I even had a person attempt to buy an item out of my hand after the seller and I made a price agreement.
        To me, whats worse is when I sell an item and have a dealer try to low ball me. My sister has a friend who rents spaces at several higher end antique stores. Her friend will come over and try to buy anything of mine that I want to sell or not. I have some extra Big Jim vehicles and other older toys that I was going to list on ebay. My sisters friend found out and rushed over to see if I would sell them to her. To no suprise, she low balled me by offering me $10.00 for a Big Jim Beach Buggy with boat and all accessories and a complete Rescue Rig. She pointed out that there was no boxes and that hurts the value. However she did offer another $10.00 if I threw in Big Jack and Josh. She was doing me a favor. Needless to say I have the buggy and rig packed up and in the attic. She offerd $10.00 for the Gi Joe Seawolf sub, complete with joe. Again, she pointed out that there was no box.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

well, it's too bad you don't have the boxes, it sounds like that nice lady might have even given you DOUBLE the amount she was offering.

Originally posted by Big Jim of Georgia
          I have had that type of situation at moving/estate sales. I even had a person attempt to buy an item out of my hand after the seller and I made a price agreement.
          To me, whats worse is when I sell an item and have a dealer try to low ball me. My sister has a friend who rents spaces at several higher end antique stores. Her friend will come over and try to buy anything of mine that I want to sell or not. I have some extra Big Jim vehicles and other older toys that I was going to list on ebay. My sisters friend found out and rushed over to see if I would sell them to her. To no suprise, she low balled me by offering me $10.00 for a Big Jim Beach Buggy with boat and all accessories and a complete Rescue Rig. She pointed out that there was no boxes and that hurts the value. However she did offer another $10.00 if I threw in Big Jack and Josh. She was doing me a favor. Needless to say I have the buggy and rig packed up and in the attic. She offerd $10.00 for the Gi Joe Seawolf sub, complete with joe. Again, she pointed out that there was no box.

Comment

• Den82
            Career Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

I take one of those canvas tote bags to the estate sales now. So if I see anything, I just throw it in. Not only because you need a million hands at these things, but also because I don't want any others seeing what I have to pull some under the table tactics, because I know that crap goes on.

I curse myself sometimes for having to be into toys. Because it seems like everyone who goes to these Estate Sales is looking for the same thing.

Case in point: one a few weeks ago. In the ad it mentioned "80s Star Wars". It was the first time in my life I was ever the first person to show and I was the very first person in the house once the door opened. It was like a joke. All you heard was "80s Star Wars, 80s Star Wars, Star Wars toys" in all different tones of voices, haha. Everyone was looking for them. As it turned out Playmates Star Trek must of meant "80s Star Wars", because there were none in that house.

But I almost got violence, because the inexperienced people let way too many into this tiny house at once and it was getting really stressful.

I see all kinds of obvious tactics. One I noticed that is common, people bring their elderly mother or over weight relative to stand in a door way and block people while they snatch all the good stuff up.

Comment

• Splitty
              Career Member
              • Jan 25, 2012

I experienced that myself finally this last year.

A guy's garage cluttered with junk, where he had (thankfully overpriced so it didn't matter in the end) toys & movie collectibles in the back. A pair got there before me, and the very large wife blocked the ONLY path back while her husband rummaged. I very politely asked it I could get by her, and she loudly yelled 'FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!" and didn't move. At all.
              I was like wuuuuut? I would never, ever consider being so greedy as to do that. The guy running the overpriced sale just shrugged it off too.
              It's almost like they're a different species of people.
              Last edited by Splitty; Feb 29, '12, 8:11 PM.
              I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Saroyan
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 4, 2011

It's amazing what greed will bring out of people.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎