X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

View Masters, Give-a-show, Easy Show, Fisher Price Movie Viewer

Back in the days before VCRs, DVDs and cable, kids supplemented their favorite weekly shows w/ these wonderful toys. My favorite was the Talking View Master. I literally used it til it died. Easy Show was fun, but a pain to thread the film. As a kid, I never had a Give A Show or Fisher Price projector as a kid, but I have them now. These toys are timeless. Even though most of them don't have sound, kids still groove on them. I have the view-masters at my school, and the kids will say to each other, "Which one are you watching?" Even the older kids like the Fisher Price Movie viewer. They laugh when they make it run backwards!

Anyone own these gems as a kid, or even now?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • PCofmisfittoys
    Banned
    • Oct 17, 2007

oh yeah I have all the Sci-fi related ones , like ALien ,star wars etc. they are pretty cheap today and many people over look them. I have a older flintstones set that is pretty cool.

Along the same lines , I collect the Easy Bake ovens and have one on my kitchen counter next to the snoopy Snow Cone machine. Gonna love sharing sno-cones at a get together..lol

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

I never had any of those but my sister had the talking viewmaster. I guess our parents thoughts we'd share and I'm glad she did. Loved that things and probably used it more than she did. I'd still like to pick up the talking viewmaster with the Marvel and DC canister sets.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I've got the Robot Chicken one.

Comment

• DocDrako
          Formerly Doc Drako
          • Nov 11, 2004

I still have my Batman set with Julie Newmar as Catwoman, Spider-man vs Doc Ock, and Superman vs Computer Crook, Superman the movie, Meteor, Michael Jackson's Thriller, and a whole bunch of other ones. I still buy and use View Master products. View Master RoCkS!

As a kid I had the blue projector that had to be plugged in. It was cool making the image HUGE on my wall. What great fun.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎