Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your worst "character left out" of a toyline?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BOTZWANA
    spam
    • May 28, 2009

Someone mentioned thundercats....I have been watching season 1 on DVD. I haven't seen it since I saw it as a kid. Now, the three mutants and the thundercats crashed on third earth....In about the 7th episode ALL OF A SUDDEN....there is Vultureman as a mutant. They had never mentioned him before nor did we see him...What a big HUH that took me right out of the reality of the show. THEN, a few episodes later...There are many Jackylmen!

What happened to the great continuity of the show?

I could say MEGO pocket heroes didn't get alot made either. You had four villains...Luthor, Joker, Penguin, and Green Goblin. They needed more!

Comment

• weatherwizard-Corey
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 1, 2008

Apollo and Tarkin!

Apollo has to be the biggest one ever! It's like not making Han Solo.
      Star Wars- Always wondered why no Tarkin. As a kid I used Buck Rogers-Kane for Tarkin.
      In the Mego Line-Luthor for sure and Scarecrow(They already had stuff from the WOZ scarecrow)
      Wanted:- 12" Robin Shoes; Mego Batcave, Mego Die-cast Batman-loose, Mattel-BSG Gold Cylon loose.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

OK. Call me weird, but for Mego the 8" figures that I would have wanted were extensions of the figures I already had:
        For my RC Bats and RM Robin, I wanted Alfred. And for Superman, I wanted Lois and Jimmy. In other words, I wanted characters for them to interact with and save.

I would have to say that Apollo for Battlestar would be the big omission from a toy line. For SW, Tarkin bit the dust, so I never would have had a need for the character. In my play I always had continuation stories. Same for Star Trek TMP; Mego made Decker and Ilia, which had no playability to me.
        It's all good!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Comic Action Heroes: The Thing, Doctor Doom, Flash, Green Lantern

WGSH: Flash, Green Lantern, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom

Star Wars: Grand Moff Tarkin, General Dodonna

Secret Wars: Hulk, the Thing
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mightooor!
            • Feb 19, 2010

-Thundarr the Barbarian ! Even if it were made a few years ago... The Mego project never released in the early 80's was just fantastic.

-Jana of the jungle and Tarzan (1978 Filmation Studio).

Comment

• TrueDave
              Toy Maker
              • Jan 12, 2008

Yeah, Sulu and Checov for Mego, and a better Gorn. ( Thanks EMCE)

I rememeber seeing some lost SuperPowers in a Tomarts Guide. Batgirl, Manbat, and Swamp Thing. I think It was the capture Arm Swamp Thing. And noone was sure if the Batman Returns Catwoman was reworked from the SP.
              Oh and a Batman Returns Penguin that was a new sculpt.

( Not classic) Silver age, Spiderman Orgin, Marvel legend signature . . . 9" dolls whatever, I wish Iron man had been made. And Flash. And Lex. ( just found out today there was a Mr fantastic.

I'm telling you. There must have been a reason at Kenner Toys NOT To do Gran Moff Tarkin. They later did a Star Wars luke as a Stormtrooper so why not? And as for useless guys what about the bald fat Rancor keeper? He wasnt an alien or robot ( big sellers) why make him?
              Last edited by TrueDave; Nov 27, '10, 9:30 AM.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by TrueDave
                Yeah, Sulu and Checov for Mego, and a better Gorn. ( Thanks EMCE)

I rememeber seeing some lost SuperPowers in a Tomarts Guide. Batgirl, Manbat, and Swamp Thing. I think It was the capture Arm Swamp Thing. And noone was sure if the Batman Returns Catwoman was reworked from the SP.
                Oh and a Batman Returns Penguin that was a new sculpt.

( Not classic) Silver age, Spiderman Orgin, Marvel legend signature . . . 9" dolls whatever, I wish Iron man had been made. And Flash. And Lex. ( just found out today there was a Mr fantastic.

I'm telling you. There must have been a reason at Kenner Toys NOT To do Gran Moff Tarkin. They later did a Star Wars luke as a Stormtrooper so why not? And as for useless guys what about the bald fat Rancor keeper? He wasnt an alien or robot ( big sellers) why make him?
                Star Wars - Tarkin was a major flub - high visibility in the film, he menaces leia and blows up alderaan. They make a death star but not it's boss...really? They could have reused the body from the death star trooper any time after the 2nd wave or the imperial officer after empire at some point in power of the jedi - and if you make luke Storm trooper why not market a han at the same time?
                the kenner Star wars line was chock full of wierd aliens that must have appealed to the designers but withtout the film context look how many 1 or 2 second apearance figures did get made. The mistake wass not getting characters with screen time out in later assortments. But the kids were buying anything star wars so there weren't many peg warmers to tell them stop with the aliens

Mego - Luthor how do you not make the highest profile superman villian who was also the lead in the superfreinds LOD episodes. I can almost excuse GL (his comic did take a 4 year in the early 70's) but by 79 he was big enough between trhe comic and superfriends he should have been done.

Galactica - apollo who was just as important in the show as Starbuck. With how poor the sculpts were they could have cheated and painted the starbuck head black and got away with it. a Viper for them to fly. they made the imperious leader who for the most part is a purple afro shot from behind, and the ovion, who while a true baddie for 35 minutes in the pilot film never appear again. Another example of a designer who sees concept art running with it without knowing the back story

Super Powers - tough to find many complaints with the line, i can be saddened about what we didn't get in the 4th year but if I have to pick 1 it would be no Sinestro becuase he was featured in superfriends and was the ultimate Gl enemy

Secret wars - basically too many flaws to mention and the article clearly shows the design team was not in communication w marvel to find out what they were doing in the comic but omitting Hulk was just dumb. He had a saturday morning cartoon in the 80's

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎